cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Funding Structures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please give me some details about project funding structures in Projects.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking abt the Budgeting of the projects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am talking about budgeting structure.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In project the budget is allocated only to the WBS elements Tcode CJ30.

Based on the configuration the budget avaialbility will be checked against the assigned values.

The assigned value calculation is very complex in nature and depends on the business process.

There are many notes available for this subject.

Few of the important i am posting below.

178837 Availability control: Assigned value Calculation

166394 Tolerence Limits of Active Availability control

Also follow the link below for the detailed discussion on the subject.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Please Reward points.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal

My client is having all sales/customer projects.Currently they don't maintain any budget for projects since they are externally financed.

How budgeting comes here in picture?

Need help.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I remember the tread where you have raised a question about the customer/sales project.

The term used there was externally financed was nothing to do with the budgeted by the customer.

It is just one of the terminology in PS.

For simplicity purpose lets consider, any project where revenue is generated, they are all customer/sales projects.

Now please explain in detail whether your projects are externally financed.

thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The projects are externally financed and they will be customer projects. All projects will be make-to order types.

Now my question is that do I have to give any Budgeting profile? And do I have to assign budget to top WBSE when I know that client is not making any budget for the concerned project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.0 You have to Create budgeting profile in Customizing ( T Code : OPS9 ).

You can assign the budget Profile in Project Definition - Control Data Tab. Alternatively , you can mailtain it in Project Profile - Controlling Tab.

2.0 You second question is not clear . If your client is not any budget for the concerned project , you don't have to maintain any budget at any level WBS.

Hope this helps.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Amit

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the company who is executing the project can maintain the budget so that the executing company knows exactly how much funds have been consumed at any point of time.

Now while giving the budget not necesary that it has to be assigned only to the Top WBS element only.

It can be assigned to any lower level WBS and Can be totaled up at the top level.

Hope its clear.

Please reward the points if useful.

Thanks..