Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Point - remove characteristic

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Ladies and Gents,

I have created a measuring point and have assigned a characteristic to it. I have then saved it and went back to change mode. I cannot seem to change the characteristic anymore as the field is grayed out. I have checked the config and all the menus and cannot see a way of re-enabling that field.

Could someone please provide some guidance on how I could change / remove the characteristic on a measuring point?

Thanks

Mantas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

thyagarajan,

I seem to be reaching the same conclusion after numerous discussions with my colleagues. Would you have a reference to documentation somewhere to support your conclusion?

Keshav Reddy,

Either:

1. Create a measuring point (IK01) setting a numeric characteristic.

2. Modify an existing measuring point (IK02) - characteristic field should be grayed out.

My question was - why is this field grayed out and how could we go about removing the characteristic / modifying it without having to modify the entries in the database tables.

Kind Regards,

Mantas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it can be possible through Class-characteristic classification; you have to create a class of type (02or 03 accordingly) then you need to create a charaecteristic of numeric type; and you can have an option to add can have an option to add objects, tables and fields in that..I m checcked it..you can check that option..

for class tcode-- CL02 and for charecteristics--CT04

Regards,

Keshav

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I think you misunderstood the question - I am not trying to create characteristics and classes and link them up, I am however trying to remove / change an already linked characteristic from a measuring point - which is proving to be an impediment.

No matter what I do I seem to hit a wall when trying to modify the MP charact.

Thanks

Mantas

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you check the following [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ec/62aa30416a11d1896d0000e8322d00/content.htm]

regards

thyagarajan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

It seems that the characteristic cannot be removed / changed in a MP. Very odd - I only hope that SAP will correct this issue in later releases.

Thanks

Mantas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be more eloborative on your issue please?? is the measuring point is a class?? what is the value you have maintained for Value assignment?? can you send the screen shot for analysing it better way..

regards,

Keshav

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is not possible to change the characteristic after assigning ,it is the standard .

regards

thyagarajan