cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change StreamTransformationConstants in Mapping?

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there anyway to set StreamTransformationConstants in java mapping? My map pickup the StreamTranformaitonConstants and puts new values. But changed values are not getting updated. Is there anyway to change these values.I am using the following code.for example conversion_id.

param.put(StreamTransformationConstants.CONVERSATION_ID, "ABCD1234");

Regards,

Rao.Mallikarjuna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think it is possible to change the StreamTransformationConstants.

This interface contains constants that can be used in a java mapping to access runtime parameters. Most of these parameters are attributes of the message header, e.g., sender party, sender service, etc.

Regards,

V.Ramya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. In most of the blogs deals with changing Dynamic configuration values but not streamTransformationConstants.

Thanks,

Rao.Mallikarjuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have some useful info on StreamTransformationConstants

StreamTransformation is an interface member of the 'com.sap.aii.mapping.api' package. It has two methods -

public void setParameter(java.util.Map arg0) and public void execute(InputStream arg0, OutputStream arg1). All Java mapping programs are required to implement this interface(and hence the two methods by default).

To get access to the inputstream use the first argument of the 'execute' method.Likewise use the second argument to write the formatted output to the outputstream.

The StreamTransformationConstantshttp://also in the 'com.sap.aii.mapping.api' package interface has several constants defined one of which is MAPPING_TRACE. It is used to obtain an AbstractTrace objecthttp://AbstractTrace is a class member of the 'com.sap.aii.mapping.api' package , which can be used to write tracedebug messages of one of three predefined levels-debug, info or warning.

For a detailed description of the mapping API please go through the following javadoc API link

https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/pi/index.html

Please reward points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

May i know what is the need for edititng the StreamTransformationConstants. Any specific requirement.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this blogs.this will solve your problem

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

/people/carlosivan.prietorubio/blog/2007/12/21/implementing-a-java-mapping-in-sap-pi

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the following blog there is an UDF for dynamic configuration,check this.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

/people/carlosivan.prietorubio/blog/2007/12/21/implementing-a-java-mapping-in-sap-pi

check these too..

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/06/27/xslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-for-beginners

/people/mohammed.zabiulla/blog/2008/03/26/have-you-ever-tried-to-determine-mail-cc-dynamically

Thanks,

Vijaya.