cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Hardware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running on SAP R3 4.7 Ext Set2 with DB2 V9.1 DB on AIX 5.2 ML-08 with all the filesystems(SAP & DB2) created on SAN.We are planning to move this environment to a new Hardware Infrastructure which will be on AIX 5.3 TL-07.What is the best way to do this change over?

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make a system copy using backup/restore:

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for the quick reply,since all the file systems are from the SAN,can we mount the filesystems on the new server and start the system(like the Failover scenario - HACMP)?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can present the LUNs on that new system - yes. Make sure you have the same configuration on the target system (/etc/hosts, /etc/services etc.) as on the source.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,This is what i was planning to do.Once we do the test we will come to know the issues if any.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Regards,

sam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You´re welcome

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We have simulated this scenario on a test system and it worked fine.I would like to get an opinion from you on a different option,ie if we take a image backup from the existing server and restore it to the new server ,upgrade the OS of the new server and then move the LUNS to the new server and start SAP.Is that advisable than moving the LUN to a newly Installed latest OS release ?

Regards,

Sam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have simulated this scenario on a test system and it worked fine.I would like to get an opinion from you on a different option,ie if we take a image backup from the existing server and restore it to the new server ,upgrade the OS of the new server and then move the LUNS to the new server and start SAP.Is that advisable than moving the LUN to a newly Installed latest OS release ?

This would make things easier because you get your configuration with the LUN move and you don´t need to fiddle with manual changing things in /etc/hosts etc.

Markus