cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching a name by wild card entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've provided a drop-down for the user to select names.

When a user selects a name the table gets filled up

But my client wants to search names by entering wild values(ex: %Ke% for all the names starting with Ke).

I inserted a input field but I'm not able to find any property to provide the option of wild search.

Is wild search possible in VC?

Quick response will be appreciated and will be rewarded points.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wild seraching is not possible in Value Help.

Since even you tried to saerch with K then popup will come and it will state that K is invalid entry.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u tell me what ur exact requirement . from my point i understood u need valuehelp . can brief ur requirement .

Regards,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the response

My exact requirement is as follows

Database contains many names starting with say letter K.

User does not know the exact name and he wants to see all the names starting K.How to achieve this?

User wants to search all names starting with k by using something like %K%.

This can be achieved in DB but can we do this in VC?

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its Possible in VC .

I understood is

Example...

u have lot of country Names Lets say Contry name India ,USA ,Irelad .like so many right . first the customer need all the country names should be displayed right .

if u want to achive this u have option called valuehelp . when the user want to display all names . but here it display like an pop up with all country names . its possible in VC7.1 in sap u have to write code for value help with BAPI .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vankatareddy,

I think you still did not get my point.

Taking your example, I do not want all the countries to be displayed but only countries starting with "I" or "U".

So, if i search %I% then i should be shown only India and Ireland and not all the countries.

regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Hello I understood ur problem its also possible in VC 7.1 .

just create Valuehelp .k fine

then click on value help button it will open design phase of ur value help . there u can just remove start point in the design phase .

then u will give appropriate search By IN it will display all the names start with IN okay .

just remove start point in design phase it wont display any names intially after user has given the particular search it will display all the names start with letter okay .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Hello I understood ur problem its also possible in VC 7.1 .

just create Valuehelp .k fine

then click on value help button it will open design phase of ur value help . there u can just remove start point in the design phase .

then u will give appropriate search By IN it will display all the names start with IN okay .

just remove start point in design phase it wont display any names intially after user has given the particular search it will display all the names start with letter okay .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindhu ,

once u created valuehelp whne the valuhelp popopens there we can give Search option according to the key its possible in VC7.0.1.

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

yes you are currect.

but that search option is only for direct slect i.e you have to give full filed name not half name like %k% tto get the all fileds started with 'K'

Ex: King,Kiran,Kiss..

if you need King you have to enter King full name to get the value in Value Help not %Ki%..etc to get King.

If you enter like that then you will get a Error message.

if you are successfull ,send the screenshot of it.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

im sure about this it wont give any error message it will just display the not found ur required filed .

onemore thing if ur giving %K% means it will take all the filed right start A to Z right why ur gng to %k% instead of k% right . its better right . if u taken one more percent means it will takeall the names which startss with a to z .

in value help there is an option to search key filed directly . just search K% ,L% then it will show all the Required filed names which u need to show like Kiran , kumar etc . even if the desired key filed not found it shows no results . it wont give error message at any point of time .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you plz send the screenshot of your search with 'k%' .

then i can understood easily your method.

govindunagotla at gmail

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think Ur Requirement is

1) U have an inpit filed for that u have to give Value help Right ( When a user select a, it has to show all the names start with a Right .

For this u have to Put Valuehelp .

1) Right click on Inputfiled -> click on value help ->then u have to give ur value help FM Name there and click on Next -> Finish .

2) Here u have to Select Key and value fileds .

3) After click on finhs U will get button Showin Value help .

reply is it ur requirement .Reply ASAP.

Regards ,

venkat