cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Bucket Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing one problem related time Bucket Profile.

I have one fiscal year variant say V4 of 12 Period(like 12 month) but year start from April & end with March.

Now I have one planning Book,under that 2 data View,one view contain 12 period & another View contain only 1 period i.e Year.

In 12 period data view,period start from 1 April & end with 31 March,it is ok with me but in another Data View i have only one period i.e year but it is start from 1 Jan & end with 31 Dec,but i want this bucket should start from 1 April & end with 31 March.

How can i achive this?

And is there any way to change Storage Bucket profile without deactivation of Planning Area?

Thanks in Advance !

Sujay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

The TBP for the 2nd data view should include a new fiscal year variant as per the required logic with using the year shift heading to include months comprising from 2 consecutive years. Once u hv created this variant u can include this as a posting period in the Time bucket profile for the respective data view.

As far as changing the Storage bucket profile without deactivation of Planning Area goes- the changes can be executed by accessing the system table SDPTSTR but this is not recommended as it may amount to some data loss, the extent of which is not really tested. In our development system the change was executed without any data loss. But to take such risk in production system is not advisable. So it would be better to execute such changes once planning area backup has been taken, so that in case of any data loss. The status-quo can be restored.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the reply,

If i have to create a new fiscal year variant,means again i have to create new Storage Bucket Profile.Then How i can i assign two different Storage Bucket profile under one planning Area?

If i could understand in wrong way,kindly let me know with decent example.

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creation of new fiscal year variant has nothing much to do with Storage Bucket profile.

Just change the time bucket profile (Tcode TR30) which is maintained in that data view to include the newly created fiscal year variant.

Regards