cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Ground Job scedule (emergency)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I have scheduled Back Ground Job in Production System at morning 11am, now the job is in running status,but i wonder that before the status come to completed the

LAST RUN Column is filled with Date and time same at 11:am.

Please find the below job log details i am pasting last few lines of job log

Jun 5, 2008 2:15:22 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.AnalysisEngine performActPermAnalysis

INFO: Job ID:6 : Before GC => memory usage: free=481M, total=1009M

Jun 5, 2008 2:15:22 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.AnalysisEngine performActPermAnalysis

INFO: Job ID:6 : Analysis starts: HTREMGMT2

I would like to know wheather job is running or terminated.

Wat is the sequence of JOB status in CC5.2.

Kindly do the needfull.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is worth noting in AC 5.2 that the % indicated is only relevant for that current "pass", a risk analysis batch job may have several "passes", and it does not indicate in the logs which pass it is perfroming and how many are left eg: no 1 of 3 indicator.

AC 5.3 is better for giving the users this information but is still far from perfect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thank You very much for ur quick reponse,

please find the view job log details

(last few lines)

Jun 5, 2008 3:07:12 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.AnalysisEngine performActPermAnalysis

INFO: Job ID:6 : 464 out of 818 (56%) done

Jun 5, 2008 3:07:12 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.BgJob setStatus

INFO: Job ID: 6 Status: Running

Jun 5, 2008 3:07:12 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.AnalysisEngine performActPermAnalysis

INFO: Job ID:6 : Before GC => memory usage: free=347M, total=1009M

INFO: Job ID:6 : Analysis starts: MACTUSER17

Jun 5, 2008 3:07:21 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.meng.ObjAuthMatcher <init>

FINEST: ObjAuthMatcher constructed: 0ms, #singles=970, #ranges=0, #super=0

Jun 5, 2008 3:07:22 PM com.virsa.cc.dataextractor.bo.DataExtractorSAP getObjPermissions

FINEST: getObjPermissions: elapsed time=891ms

can u tell me the job status sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, Do one thing.

Go to Informer > Background Job > Search and select a considered background job that you scheduled. now click on Show Job History button and mention all the records available for columns Run Date/Time, Status and Message.

Best Regards, Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the log

"INFO: Job ID:6 : 464 out of 818 (56%) done"

it shows that the job is still running and so far it is at 56%. Some background jobs take quite sometime depending on the type of the Background Job, Number of Users, Number of Violations.

Patrick Marcello

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karuna,

You scheduled background job at 11 am, that means the background job was last executed at 11 am only.

There is no link between the state and last run column. The last run column shows when did you last performed this activity. it doesn't matter whatever state of your background job is, it will still show value in last run column even if the state turns out to be an error, running or complete.

According to the given log, your job is in running state. Can you again check the log and post the latest log details if the state is not yet complete.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti