Dep. Requirment should not plan @ WBS BOM and should Plan WBS element level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario like this.

BOM is A - Finished material

B - Semi Finished

C- Raw material

Now I'm going to attach this A header material to Top WBS element.

I/m attaching B (sub assembly) semifinished material to some other WBS element.

My requirement is when I run the MRP for Top WBS it should only plan for header i.e.) A. Dependent should be OFF.

If I run the MRP for sub assembly B, it should plan for dependent requiremnt ie: for C

Where we can control this depen. off .

Is it possible to maintain the two cases in one project.

Please guide me.

Regards

Chandru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I think u also need planned Order for the header item.

I think of advising u to use an BOM usage and make it MRO non relevant. But it ill not create planned Order for header.

To meet ur requirement, it should thru a development.

After MRP run a batch shud run and delete all the dependent requirements from planning file for header material if the header planned order is from project.

1) Assign some suffix to all such BOMs. Say they shud start with 'P" ( Parent BOM).

2) If reservation connected to a planned order of material P is of mvt type 281 than it shud delete all dependnt requirements.

3) This shud run each time MRP is run.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP provides a solution for the same. In the BOM of A uncheck the production relevant check box. This will solve ur problem. When u assign "A" system will not generate dependent requirements.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandru,

Can you please provide me some reference documents for how did u created this BOM and wethere it exploded in MRP, bco i have the same senacrio in my bussiness process.

Regards,

Tushar