cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About OMS_HEAP_LIMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed our LC (7.6.03 build 12) on a UNIX machine with 57Gb of RAM/ 8CPUs

We decided to put the value 5625000 to the parameter CACHE_SIZE (= 45Gb)

What could we put for the parameter OMS_HEAP_LIMIT ? By default, I think the sapinst will put the same value as the CACHE_SIZE (but in KB) ...

We have the LC installed in the same machine as SAP SCM 5.0 plus it's db Oracle.

Thanks for your answer.

Y.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check following sap note

Note 719652 - Setting initial parameters for liveCache 7.5 or 7.6

Note 833216 - Parameter values as of liveCache versions 7.6 and 7.7

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

i have already checked that note. But in note

Note 337445 - liveCache and memory management

it says:

4. Calculating OMS_HEAP_LIMIT

Set the liveCache parameter OMS_HEAP_LIMIT to a value greater than 0. The value is specified in KB. The value is specified in KB.

a) Calculation for UNIX (liveCache Version 7.2.5 B08 and higher only) and Windows 64-bit:

Note: When it is started, liveCache allocates memory for the data cache, for example. Other applications that run on the system also require memory. OMS_HEAP_LIMIT should be configured in such a way that the physical memory is sufficient for the areas that have already been allocated (liveCache + other applications) and for the dynamically allocated area.

What I understand is that OMS_HEAP_LIMIT should be at least of the same as the CACHE_SIZE ... Am I wrong ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

OMS_HEAP_LIMIT should be at least of the same as the CACHE_SIZE 

not necessary.

You must ensure that sufficient swap space is configured in the operating system so that the memory request from I/O buffer cache (parameter CACHE_SIZE) and OMS heap (parameter OMS_HEAP_LIMIT) is satisfied

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer ... I finally found a "rule of thumb" method in the ADM555 course:

CACHE_SIZE = 40%-60% of RAM

OMS_HEAP_LIMIT = 50% of I/O buffer size

Thanks a lot for your help

Answers (0)