cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Adapters With Dynamic Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found quite a few similar questions but with no answers.

Is there a way to dynamically pass a username and password to any adapter (SOAP, RFC...etc)?

For instance, I have a webservice that connects to BW with a username and password. Instead of hardcoding this username and password to the SOAP communication channel, I would like to pass these username and password dynamically.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Is there a way to dynamically pass a username and >>password to any adapter (SOAP, RFC...etc)?

Not supported in Xi as of now

>>For instance, I have a webservice that connects to BW >>with a username and password. Instead of hardcoding >>this username and password to the SOAP communication >>channel, I would like to pass these username and >>password dynamically.

You will have to design a work around solution. As of now SAP is not providing single sign on or passing the credentials to the adapters for connecting to the end systems dynamically. This has to be service id's hardcoded during configuration time between Xi and end system.

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen for your response.

I've heard that this might be possible in SP14. Is that true? Do you have any idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge this is not supported in any of the SP's.

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, I guess my best options right now is to handle my security on the front end system. The one that is calling XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, and there are prety good features for doing that using Access control lsit for who can and cannot send messages to that particular interface.

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, since I have a simple interface that connects directly to the backend system without involving other backend systems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what about shipping the login data inside the payload of the message? OK, I think then you have to develop your own adapter to handle that...

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Christian,

Yeah a couple of people suggested that to me too. Isn't that frustrating that the SAP adapters does not provide that sort of functionality.

Anyway, thank you for your participation.