cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL View in VC7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Apparently , from VC7.1 onwards, the URL View is no longer available. I managed to mimic this behaviour by using hte "Hyperlink" action from a button , for example, however, this always opens a NEW windows, while we prefer to embed the target URL in a VIEW of the current windows (as a WDP-view in the canvas).

How is this functionality feasable in VC7.1 ?

Thank you very much!

David Pierre

Belgium

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Are you trying to navigate to another VC Model?

Regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply!

In fact, in a VC7.1 composite model , I would like to navigate to a URL View with a given (dynamically concatenated) URL. This view should then be 1 view in the complete screen page.

Goal is to have 1 iView that queries information about a customer in the backend SAP system , and then displays the Google map for this custome raddress in a second view.

This functionality is already discribed in different blogs on SDN, however, from VC7.1 onwards, since the URL View is no longer available ??? , I only manage to implement this using the "action" HYPERLINK , which per default opens in a NEW window, while I actually wnat the map to be embedded in the page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If you use the Hyperlink action, the URL will always be opened in another window.

The behavior you want doesn't exist in VC 7.1.0, but it will be available in a future version.

Regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi..

Is there any UI element (like HTML View in VC 7.0) or any other work-around in VC7.1 to make that behavior work...??

-Akshay...