cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Record in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on UWL using MDM Workflows.

In MDM, when a workflow is triggered it represents a single record...so when we click on the workflow tab in DM we see a particular record related to that WF.

Now, when we configure UWL, is it possible that in portal too the corresponding task just refers to that particular record??

Here i am getting the task, but what should i do so that when i click that task, an iview opens which contains just the details of that particular record??

Is it possible through some settings in the xml file or do i have to go for customized iviews??

Please help me out with this. Useful answers will be surely rewarded.

Regards,

Becky.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Yes it is possible in Portal as well. Just place the UWL and Result iView in the same page. Whenever you select a task in the UWL iView an automatic event will be generated and you will get the corresponding records in the ResultSet iView. No need to do any settings for this.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for the reply.

But i dint understand properly what you said...place the UWL and Result Set iView in the same page??

What iview should i place alongwith the Result Set iview in the page?? Can u please explain it properly, which iview i have to create and how to proceed furthur??

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

I think ResultSet iView is clear to you rite?

If i am not wrong then must have assigned an eu role to the user rite?

Now create a new iView and select the second option create from a portal content in a deployed portal archive(PAR)

select the option - com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui

select the UWL option this will create the same UWL iView that you will get when you assigned the eu role.

Just place this UWL iView and Resultset iView in the same page and you will get your issue solved.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I have tried the way you told me...but when i add the UWL iview to the same page where i am already having a ResultSet iView and an Item Details iView, only the UWL view is being displayed when i preview the page.

And when the user clicks the task in his UWL, the page opens but again the same UWL is displayed and no other ivews can be seen, if i click the task on the new window, then again a new window is opening with the same UWL. Evrytime a new page keeps on opening on clicking the task.

Why is it behaving so...do i have to set some properties of the UWL iview?? Do i have to do anything to connect the eu role to my page...i have specified the path of the page in the xml file for iview property's value...

Thanks in Advance,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Sorry I forgot to tell you this property.

Just set the Isolation Method property of UWL iView to URL.

Kindly update us regarding the same.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh,

Thanks a lot for your response.

But the problem here is that as soon as the user logs in, he sees the task in his UWL page under Home role, now on clicking the task it goes to a page where the UWL is displayed once again(as an UWL iview has been added to that page) alongwith the Result Set iView. There is no need of that UWL iview there rite?

If i set that ivew to invisible mode then the specific record is not getting selected.

How can i avoid this??

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

One important thing is that If you want when UWL record is selected then ResultSet iView should be updated accordingly for this it is mandatory to have the iViews in the same page then only it is possible to get this type of eventing.

Since you have created new page just assign this page to the Role (create the new role) and assign that role to the user.Now when user logs in your newly created role will be visible and from there user can perform the desired operations.

Hope I am clear with your issue and my solution

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I got your point and its working as desired but there is one discrepancy.

When a new task appears,the record specific to that appears in the result set iview however when i click the task in the UWL page or press the Show Record Detail Tab then the same page reappears which is not required.

As i already have that page displayed.

Are my settings rite?if so how can i disable the task/tab selection so as not to allow repeat display??

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Set one property of UWL iView

Display Item Preview = Yes

By setting this property you dont need to go to different page for performing the operations.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jitesh, i used the information to work on the UWL, i have following queries:

I am not seeing the next button on the UWL, how to get that?

along with pupulating the records, can we use a custom made iView under the UWL iView in the page?

I need to get match and merge functionality to the approver of the record, along with the workflow approval. is there a way to get that on front end using the standard iViews provided?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For matching, try the comparison view, o/w one has to create webdynpro applications and utilize MDM Java API, which has match and merge functions.

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of java APIs support merging functionality.

can you tell me the name of the APIs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Please update the Thread accordingly so that it can help others who all are working on same scenario.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had already set the "Display Item Preview" as "Yes".

But still the problem exists that when we click on the name of the task it opens a new page with the same content.

Is there any way to avoid it..as the same content is displayed on the page already??

Same is the case with "Show Record Details" button.

How can we avoid both??

And there is also another problem that i am facing. In my Item Details iView i have to set an Input Field of type Pull Down. On preview its displaying the content properly but when the user logs in and uses the ivew that particular field is giving a Portal Runtime Error.

What can be the reason for this??

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Becky

Why do you need to click on the link if you do not need details? You click on a link to get details for that task - since you have already previwed them in Details (by choosing Yes) there is no need to click on the link. Generally we leave setting to NO so that if more information is reqd the person can click the link.

As for your issue all Tasks appear in a table and on the left hand side of every row you have a row selector. If you click on that you get details for that in Result set iview.

Also check whether the user has proper permissions.. in Portal you need to assign 4 MDM Specific roles. Search for <Asterik>MDM<Asterik>in User Management and assign the roles based on authorization you want to provide.

I am sure your userid doesnt have the required MDM roles...

Edited by: Devashish Bharti on Jun 12, 2008 1:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

This happens when ever you preview the iView separately. Just try this create a page and add this iView to that page, assign this page to Role and now view the UWL via that Role.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

JItesh,

U are talking about the problem with the UWL tasks or the pull down field??

In both cases, my iviews are added to a page and that page to a role.

I am accessing the UWL throught that role only.

And what about the "Show Record Detail" button...what should come ideally when you click that button?? I have given the path for the same page for this button also.

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

I have given the solution to the problem in which Clicking on UWL task opens the same Portal window again. So to avoid this we have to view the UWL iView thourgh role. I tried this on my end and it was working as expected. I dont have any idea about Show Record Detail button since I have never modified the config file.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (0)