cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbar buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to create toolbar buttons to filter by country and find by bank name?

Regards,

Lingz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is it your requirement is to filter the contents ?

if yes use filter operator with your condition then add the Tool bar button to the form or to the table with Custom action Filter.

Procedure to creat Tool bar button.

Right clcik on the form table ->slect creat tool bar->then give some name for the Button and slect the Custom action->give filter custom action.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Then how abt find row action? What's the formula? I used all the related data fields but still cannot... There stated that it is a wrong expression.

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could u expalin what is your requirement with Tool bar?

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you mean by requirement? What i need to do is to find row by the bank name. But i used all the bank name field for the formula still cannot be done.

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lingz,

"Find row" finds the next row in the "view" that matches the condition that you provide; and its condition must be of type Boolean.

Are you sure you want to use this, because the data that you need comes from a data service, i suppose.

If this is the case, I think you should:

1. Have an input field, to take the bankname from the user; and have it stored.

3. Use a button ( makes sense if you do not use a toolbar button) with a custom action.

3. Name the event between the Form and the data service as the custom action and provide the reqd. condition to select data from the service.

4. Display the filtered data in a table.

Let me know if this is what you want to do.

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then how abt filtering using toolbar buttons? Is it possible? Cos' in my point of view, it seems like impossible.There is no way to state the condition you want to filter. Am i right?

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once i put the filter operator, i still havent press the filter toolbar button, the data already filtered.

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are correct.Using filter operator we will get the filtered data without clicking on any button.

that is only the importance of filter Operator.

If you want to do filtering using a Button ,Its not possible.

Regards,

Govindu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

so how abt find row?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To find the row you can use the System action :Find row by providing the Condition to find .

What is your condtion i.e what way you want to find the Row ?

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can use a toolbar button to find row? I want to find row by i.e. the bank name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can find the row by using Toolbar button.

Add a toolbar button with system action :Find row then Provide the Searching condition using your bank name.

Ex: If you given the searching condtion as @Bank name == 'US' ,it means that the Row with bank name = US will be found.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then what should i use for the event name? I use find_row, submit and find, but 3 of them also give me no response.

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the way u asked me to do, but the find button cannot be functioned.

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Where you come accross the Event name ?

I am Explaing the Steps One more Time.

->Left click on the Table ->select Creat tool bar button option->click on + Button-> give some Button name ->select System action Radio button-> then provide the Searching criteria (Ex : @Bank_name == 'US' Means button action finds Row with Bank name is equal to 'US').

I hope now you got my point.

Plz let me know still if you have probs

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but then the user will not be touching on the software, if i type this condition (@Bank_name == 'US'), i will be hard coding. And there are so many countries, i must hard code for every countries?

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok then on what condition you want to find the row?

Explaime me in a Clear way

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like if the user enter the bank name and press find toolbar button, the system will find the details that related to this bank name. You understand what i mean?

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lingz,

Event name would be the action(custom/system) that you'd have assigned to the respective button.

Also, can you please brief about your current reqmt.?

I hope you have referred to the modeller's guide. Just in case if you have not, https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/63f2052e-0c01-0010-b9a2-e1f7457a...

There you'll get a better picture of how-to's

Let me know if it's helpful. And, also, explain more about your current problem.

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at which one?

Regards,

Lingz