cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP 101 Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am the beginner of GATP. When I study the configuration, I have a question in my mind. It seems to no switcher in R/3. I mean there is no any configuration tell R/3 where it should get the ATP logic, in R/3 or in GATP of APO.

In R/3, when system execute ATP check, how system knows it should go to GATP or traditional ATP in R/3?

It might be a GATP 101 question. It's highly appreciate if any one can provide some hint.

Regards,

Jessie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jessie,

For a material in R/3, if you want to check availability using GATP in APO, you need to create the integration model for ATP check in R/3 and add either the material or material location combination. Tick the "ATP Check" check box and add materials in selection. Also, you need to create Integration model for Sales Orders and purchase orders (for which you want GATP check). Activate both models. (Assuming you've already created active IMs for materials and plant). Performance wise, it's better to maintain separate IMs for plants, materials, Orders and ATP check.

If you create the 2nd model and not the first one, then Orders will flow to APO but the check will take place only in R/3, i.e. local ATP.

If you create both, then orders will flow to APO and GATP will be executed. This is also a check point. When you create or change Sales Order, carry out the availability check.If all relevant Integration models are active, you will see APO screen showing availability situation.

Apart from this, there are other trigger points maintained in R/3 material master and Sales Order which determine corresponding ATP check. e.g. Requirement Class in R/3 (through requirement type and item category) corrsponds to Check mode in APO. Your Order type in R/3, termed as check rule ("A" for SO) refers to Business Event in APO.

For this Check mode-Business Event combination, you need to formulate Check instruction in APO.

Most of these points are triggered through Order Header and Item.

Regards,

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

Thank you! It is really helpful.

Regards,

Jessie.

Answers (0)