Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order with an accumulative price.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys:

Could you please give me a SAP solution or some ideas for a business scenario:

A customer store some material in my warehouse, the amount of service fee need to be accumlated daily (may calculated by tone per day ) and the customer wants to receive the monthly bill that he can makes the payment. (something like house renting...)

what can we do for that scenario in SAP SD ? how to sort it out by using an order? is the amount of charge will be automatically increased in the Sales Order?

many thanks.

Chris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

YES! you can do this. You will have maintain a condition type for this. While defining the pricing procedure, you maintain the "Accruals" key (the last column in "define and assign pricing procedures"). Every month this can accumulate the service charges to be paid by the customer. As you know, for this amount, an invoice can be generated automatically on the last day of every month (or on whatever the set date).

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav:

thanks for your answer, but i still cannot maintain it in the system, could you tell me more about that maintenance specifically , please.!!!

thanks alot!

Chris.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Chris, I will try tp put whatever I can on paper . Maybe I will miss something. Please cross check as well.

Now you have a Warehouse which has some products. Each product is to be priced in a specfic way. QTy based, volume based etc.

Lets say you have a pricing procedure described for every product which maybe similar or different. Does not matter.

Now use this pricing procedure to calculate the charges at the end of the day. You should have the flexibility to bill anytime and at the end of the month.

Now what you need to do is have an entry sheet where you will enter the stock situation in your warehouse everyday a the end of the day and this should be on the basis of the stocking unit, weight, volume whatever...

Your pricing procedure should use a field say todays stock- yesterday's stock and use this field to use the qty field to calculate the charges for the day.

Since you will anyway fillup quantities every day this should not be a problem. Once you fill this table or entry screen, you should run a report program which will specifically calculate each qty and warehouse charges based on the pricing procedure for that day. In the next column you should have a cumulative column which will total today's warehousing charges with yesterday's closing balance charges.

Maybe you could incorporate opening balance and closing balance fields and the report will update them whenever you run a program.

Whenever you do a goods issue and bill it, then the qty gets reduced by that much quantity and the stystem will update it.

You can perhaps also put in a cut off time whereby if it exceeds that time, then its counted as while day or if it is issued before that day then charges should not accrue.

I hope I have described the logic for the flow. Get hold of your ABAP prgrammer and ask him to do the rest ofcourse after identifying which tables you will use.

Also do check if there are any SAP Notes to assist you. Good Luck.

regards

Jude

Once you enter

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could record this in a Debit Memo Request and then relase this for billing at the end of each month. You could either add a line for each day or increase the qty on a single line entry.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

If I understand your problem is something like this. Every day some qty of a material is stocked in the warehouse. The warehouse will apply charges based on weight.

Daily there may be additions and removals to the item.

Billing will be done on the stock at the end of the day (N the simplest case).

Warehouse charges needs to be totalled every day and a consolidated bill made at the end of the month.

Charges will be variable every day and not constant.

This is not a standard procedure in SD. What the gentleman has suggested is a rebate like procedure which involces accruals.

Your problem is a standard procedure in Warehouse management. Why don;t you check with WM forum. Maybe they will have a ready solution for you.

Else it will call for some development. But I am Pretty sure this is the standard WM procedure. WM has some fixed component and variable component which is based on tonnage and this charge varies according to a qty scale. I have come across this in practice but thankfully never been involved in the customisation.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Jude:

Thanks for tell , the situation you described is perfectlly match to my problem except the daily charge of wearhouse is variable. the daily charge is fixed and the total price in an sales order changes. but ,unfortunatelly, we have not implemented WM module . although, I will try that forum, but I think I need a pure SD solution.

Chris

Edited by: Chris huang on Jun 11, 2008 10:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

nobody answer? please!