cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

couple of quick questions on forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALl,

I have a couple of quick questions on adobe forms..I am talkingfrom WD for java perspective..

a) i came to know that there are two ways to develop interactive forms 1) using stand alone adobe designer, but this says that i need acrobat professional to invoke a WS from the form 2) to develop a WD application with the form and then once accessed using URL and saved it to local desktop, it will later invoke WS from the form when submitted using the adobe reader.. i.e. no professional edition is required.. i didnt really understand wat makes difference with 1 and 2 approaches. could some one please clarify, because we dont want to distribute professional acrobat to end users?

b) does SAP systems comes with any default adobe PDF templates, if so where can i find them. On j2ee system? or on corresponding backend system? if so, how can i use them in my local NWDS adobe live cycle designer.

c) Is ACF really required for endusers on browser with we having NW04s env? read somewhere not reqd.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help is appreciated?

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

here are some 'parts' of your answers

1) Not sure about this answer and here is our scenario: We are developing forms with NWDS and Adobe Livecycle designer (not using Adobe Acrobat Professional). Using WD is beneficial if you are interacting with the backend (getting initial content onto the form).

2) Go to transaction sfp in your backend system, and search for *, and you will get all the forms. Open the form, and then download the XML file to your local computer. Then import that XML file into your NWDS adobe livecycle designer.

3)

u201CIn releases as of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SPS10 you can use interactive forms in the Web Dynpro runtime environment based on Zero Client Installation (ZCI) technology. ZCI enables you to use interactive forms in Adobe Reader without any additional plug-ins, and also has the benefit of being platform-independent.u201D

See the link below for more details: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/73/852854f9d6418b9574dab0d321d258/frameset.htm

hope this helps

harman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harman,

Thanks for your response regarding this.

Regarding answer 1)

I did look into this document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6bdee46d-0901-0010-7a9a-b3595d44...

IN page 3, there are three scnearios that are mentioned.

my question is: in scenario 3, it is said that you can download a pdf form from WD application. okay lets say we saved that to our local desktop, so now it doesnt have any dependency on WD right? now i open it using "ADOBE READER" and click on submit and they say it works.

but in scenario 1, I did download a form and open it using adobe reader and click on submit, they say nothing would happen and it needs acrobat professional to do that.I didnt really quite get that, i.e. after download to local desktop, why cant i just invoke a WS from the submit button as the scneario 3 mentioned above.

2) I got this clear

3) I did try to start Adobe live cycle desinger from a "start designer" button in CRM2007, but giving me activex missing. do you think i need ACF in this scenario.

Thanks

Edited by: RaKumar on Jun 5, 2008 5:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

could some one please help me in this regard.. I dont know if i am clear or not.. but to be short

"why would someone need Acrobat professional to call a WS from the PDF, when the same thing can be achieved by saving the PDF doc downloaded from WD and submitting it offline as mentioned in scenario 3 in the document mentioed inm the above post"..

please help.

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) I donu2019t think you need Adobe Acrobat professional. Use Scenario 3 for your requirement.

2)

3) Are you developing forms using the SFP transaction? If yes, then you need install latest Adobe Livecycle designer, and latest Adobe reader on your computer.

Hopefully this helps, and someone else can shed some more light on your issues.

Harman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RaKumar,

to address your first question: When the PDF form is generated using Web Dynpro it is generated using the Adobe Document Services on Web AS and these document services apply Reader Rights in the PDF. These Reader Rights enable additional functionality in the free Adobe Reader, like the ability to call Web Services or apply Digital Signatures. PDF forms which you generate with the LC Designer on your desktop do not include thoser Reader Rights and therefore cannot call Web Services in the free Adobe Reader (only in Adobe Acrobat). For more infos on Reader Rights see also my Blog here (/people/matthias.zeller2/blog/2004/06/22/the-hidden-secret-of-adobe-reader).

Please also keep in mind that when you use custom developed interactive PDF forms in a production environment a specific Interactive Forms license from SAP is required.

Cheers,

Matthias

Answers (0)