cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codepage 1100 has not been released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus!

I have just performed a restore of a prd db onto a qas db. Everything looked good, I could start the database and sap instance. But the error I am getting when trying to get the login screen is "the codepage 1100 has not been released".

The kernel is the same on both Prd and Qas, I have not made any changes to profile parameters, the user env variables look ok... i have tried on SAPGUI 640 and 710, on different workstations, still with same error.

Anybody with an idea?

Thank-you so much

Fabienne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabienne, I recently had the exact same issue while restoring an ECC5 non-unicode system with multiple code pages for a DR test.

I spent 3-4 days trying to resolve the problem before I was forced to do another restore (a real one this time, someone stuffed some data in PRD & they needed an old copy of the system to compare data against) and you'd never guess - the problem didn't occur 2nd time around....

For other reasons (testing and otherwise) the DR system has been refreshed another 2-3 times since and the problem has not re-occurred, I never could reproduce the original problem or find a reason for it!

Sorry this doesn't really help you, but my advice is -> try the restore a second time

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel,

I came to the same conclusion as well. I have redone the restore and this time it worked. Not sure what went wrong.

Regards,

Fabienne

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabienne,

Is this a single code page system ?

Compare the following profile parameters in QAS with your PRD system:

install/codepage/appl_server

zcsa/installed_languages

zcsa/system_language

Regards,