cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different "cost of goods sold" for goods issue and return (mov.typ 601/602)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have posted outgoing delivery to the client. During the goods issue posting (HAWA u2013 with Moving Price Control), system took a moving price for this material u2013 letu2019s say 100 EUR. After a month moving price for this particular material has been changed, letu2019s say actual average price is now 120 EUR.

Now when I made return delivery, system took on material document actual moving price 120 EUR. Is there a possibility to change this rule, so each time I will make return delivery system will take price from a document Iu2019m referring to?

Please give me some advice.

MK

Edited by: Maciej Kromolicki on Jun 4, 2008 9:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem should be with the copy controls between the Returns delivery document and returns order. There also maintain the Price Type D.

Also in the copy controls between the returns delivery document and the credit for returns (billing), maintain the price type as D. Please try this. I expect this to solve your issue.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please follow what ravi has advised .

To be more specific take D -Copy pricing elements unchanged

in pricing type.

regards

Susrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for advice, but it doesnu2019t work. I do have D-Copy pricing. In return sales order system took VPRS from previous document, but during return delivery system took average price form material master data...

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kromolicki

If you have maintained moving avg price for the material in accounting1 tab then , system will pick the price on the avg basis only

Say for example

you have sales order for 10qty

Moving avg price is Rs100/-

system will calculate , the moving avg price on the basis of the quantity. That is why the COGS will vary

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Thatu2019s what I thought. Do you know any user exit which will change this rule? I hope there is other way instead of changing standard SAP program...

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends on the configuration in the condition type VPRS. System accesses the standard price from Material Master and if Moving Average -then from the Purchase Info Records.

If your Price Type in copy control specifies that redetermining of all price elements, then VPRS also tries to redetermine the price and accesses the value from the Material master(for standard price) or Infor Records(Moving Average price).

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can control this in the Copy Controls (VTAF) - between the Invoice and the Returns Order. Select the PRICE TYPE which copies the pricing elements as it is without any change from the reference document.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Coping contol" will copy price for pricing procedure, but I belive will not change a COST OF GOODS SOLD for MATERIAL MOVEMENT 602 during posting return delivery. Cost for this material movement will be taken not from SD document but material avarage price. Am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

when you make a returns order, are you referencing the original sales order or invoice? if so, it is possible to copy the cost of goods. however, please try it first.

regards.