cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Checkpoint NGX R60 + Java GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening.

I usually use Linux OS (Ubuntu) at home and I would like to connect to my company SAP systems via java gui.

The problem is that I need to authenticate to firewall before.

With windows XP I use VPN Checkpoint NGX R60 without problem using username and password authentication.

Could you please suggest me an equivalent VPN software that is available for my Ubuntu that is able to authenticate to a VPN firewall?

I've "googled" but without success. I've read for example that with Kernel 2.4 was a native Check point VPN client....

Kind Regards,

Luca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nelis and Hannes for your replies.

I already read this thread on ubuntu forums, before writing in SDN forum... but I haven't found any useful information for my purpose.

I saw that this post was a little bit old (started in August 2006).. so I hoped that in the meanwhile something was changed for Linux and Checkpoint ...

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Luca

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

I too use Ubuntu and I use OpenVPN to connect to our company. Another alternative you may want to consider is using a Virtual Machine running Windows XP. On my laptop using Ubuntu I have Sun's xVM VirtualBox installed(or use Open Source version http://www.virtualbox.org) running with a Windows XP guest using NAT which I can then use the standard Windows SAPgui to connect to our systems or the Java SAPgui. The VM works so well though that I don't use the Java SAPgui at all(even with just 512MB RAM for guest). I'm sure you could probably get your VPN Checkpoint software working in the VM too, otherwise have a look at using OpenVPN on Ubuntu.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nelis thank you for your reply.

I've already follow this solution (virtualbox)... and it works.

But I would like to use a native application for my Linux box.

I've read some documentation about OpenVPN, but seems that It didn't support IPSEC.

Are you sure that OpenVPN can authenticate into VPN Checkpoint??

Regards,

Luca

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

Sorry for the confusion. I never said OpenVPN would work with VPN Checkpoint and you didn't say you wanted to authenticate to Checkpoint specifically either

It is the solution I use with an OpenVPN server which we authenticate to our directory server. I don't know Checkpoint or it's interface for authentication, you would have to check this yourself.

Regards,

Nelis

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the looks of things you may be able to use vpnc to connect to Checkpoint, may be worth a try.

Here is a howto for connecting to a Cisco VPN but may also work for Checkpoint with a small modification:

http://www.debuntu.org/how-to-connect-to-a-cisco-vpn-using-vpnc

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I've already tried vpnc but without results.....

I receive the following errors:

vpnc: response was invalid [1]: (ISAKMP_N_INVALID_COOKIE)(4)

Regards.

Luca Sozio

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

I checked google for "ISAKMP_N_INVALID_COOKIE" and found several vpnc related answers. But I did not find a solution for it

Regards,

Hannes

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

As Hannes already mentioned seems there is no solution and sadly it also looks like development was stopped a long time ago on vpnc so no support.

I did a search on the Ubuntu forums though and came across this thread which as you will see is exactly about what you are after too and many are looking for a solution. They mention using "snx" which some have got to work but there is no easy answer I'm afraid.

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=340307&page=6 ..you can just page back for install instructions on using snx.

Good luck.

Regards,

Nelis