cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java stack won't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed a new java stack on a solution manager 4.0 abap central instance. The java stack was initially available, but now I can't get it to start. When I try to start the system with the MMC the ABAP stack comes up and the SCS instance comes up, but there is no activity for the java dispatcher or the server node.

When I look in the e:\usr\sap\PSP\DVEBMGS00\work directory there are no .out files getting generated. the dev_jcontrol file isn't there and neither is dev_jcmon nor any of the java-related log files. I thought maybe I was missing some profile settings after reviewing an OSS note that listed all the java-related profile parameters. I went through them and made sure I had them all in my instance profile.

When I restart the J2EE engine through SMICM the most information shows up in the DEV_DISP file in the work directory:

Wed Jun 04 14:32:41 2008
J2EE server info
  start = TRUE
  state = STARTED
  pid = 4404
  argv[0] = E:\usr\sap\PSP\SYS\exe\run\jcontrol.exe
  argv[1] = E:\usr\sap\PSP\SYS\exe\run\jcontrol.exe
  argv[2] = -DCONNECT_PORT=64930
  argv[3] = -DSAPSYSTEM=00
  argv[4] = -DSAPSYSTEMNAME=PSP
  argv[5] = -DSAPMYNAME=pi-spsp0_PSP_00
  argv[6] = -DSAPPROFILE=E:\usr\sap\PSP\SYS\profile\PSP_DVEBMGS00_pi-spsp0
  argv[7] = -DFRFC_FALLBACK=ON
  argv[8] = -DFRFC_FALLBACK_HOST=localhost
  start_lazy = 0
  start_control = SAP J2EE dispatcher node

DpJ2eeStart: j2ee state = STARTED

Wed Jun 04 14:33:01 2008
DpJ2eeEmergencyShutdown: j2ee state = SHUTDOWN

To me, this looks correct and appropriate. The only other information I could find on why this might not be coming up is in the STDERR4 file:

I am still suspicious of my instance profile. In case someone can spot something in it i have provided it here

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks, in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. thanks for the suggestion of rebooting. it didn't change anything. Behavior is still the same.

2. That directory doesn't exist. There is a directory that often has these files called \usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS00\work (without the J2EE), but as I have mentioned before those log files don't exist. The process is failing before it can get to the steps that would generate those log files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check by rebooting the whole server and try to restart the SAP Instance. Also Make sure of all memory and buffer parameters.

You can check more logs in the C:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<instno>\j2ee\work directory,check for the std_dispatcher.out and std_server0.out and dev_server logs

Thanks and Regards,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following files in the work directory

dev_server0

std_server0.out

dev_bootstrap

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

None of those files result from the start-up process. This is my problem - those files are generated later in the boot process. So its failing before it even gets to the point where it builds those files.

Good thought though!