cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Logon Load Balancing & its Uses?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Let me know what is the use of Logon load balancing in SAP system?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

Load distribution allows you to dynamically distribute the SAP users to application server instances. You can increase the efficiency of individual work groups by setting up multiple logon workgroups that consist of one or more application instances.

You can assign one or more application servers to certain workgroups or specific applications. When users log on to the system, they are automatically logged on to the server that currently has the best performance statistics and/or the fewest users.

Workgroups are configured and maintained centrally from in the SAP system. Each application server group is assigned maximum thresholds for response time and number of users that can log on to any particular group server. You can assign particularly important workgroups with time-critical transactions to application servers with better response time behavior. Setting up logon groups means that the activities of each server become more predictable, which allows you to tune each specific server with respect to the working applications.

To log on to an SAP system, the user needs to know only the name of the SAP system and the logon group. The host name and system numbers are no longer needed when you have logged on.

Regards,

Ramesh Bupur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand the concept.But Logon load balancing may depends on buffers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In what way Logon load balancing will increase the Buffer efficiency?What may the main impact on it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There can be many explanation for this, you can assume parameter such as User context menu. Every time a User logs on, the roles assigned to the user would take some amount of space in the user buffer, as user context menu.

So if all users logon to same server will consume more memory compared to the buffer space used on load balanced servers.

Another example could be of program buffer. Less the number of users on a server less would be swapping in program buffer due to less transactional load.

Another example would be less load on the CPU and efficient use of work processes.

I suppose this helps you upto some extent.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain in details to understand the concept very clearly...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets assume that you have 4 instances and you have fi users and mm users.

Then if you dont maintain user logon load balacnig then all these users will be distributed in all thefour instances,right so the memory would be frequently getting poupulated,there would be much number of reads,swaps etc.

But when you make the logon groups and then allow fi users on only the 2 instances and other 2 for mm users,then the fi users will be using on the two instances and these instances memory would contain only the fi data rather than fi+mm data.So users would be experincing good performance,less swaps and all.

I hope this is helps you,

Any issues revert me back.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about message server?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Original question was answered (Even thought it looked like an interview questing)

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

- One question per thread

- Follow up your threads

- No interview questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to Lock the Client at SAP Level?And also tell in OS level that to in Unix (AIX) environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

> How to Lock the Client at SAP Level?And also tell in OS level that to in Unix (AIX) environment?

To lock a client, use transaction SCC4.

Not sure what you mean by "tell in OS level that to in Unix (AIX) environment" If you mean the kernel, which is probably the one piece of traditional SAP ABAP that talks w/ the o/s, then run SM51 and click on release information. You can see the kernel version and what O/S it's compiled for.

Edited by: Kevin on Aug 1, 2008 3:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Are these interview questions ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know the procedures while appling support packages?I mean precautionary steps........?

Former Member
0 Kudos