cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security with adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the security things we can consider with each adapter...

can some one elaborate.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Advantages and desadvantages of each adapter

we cant really sketch the pros and cons of the adapters rather we need to know why and for which application we need to use the adapter. For example File adapters can only be used for file processing and if u want to invoke a file request from a webservice it is not posible.....likewise we can point it down.

u can refer this link to understand the adapter attributes,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

also to check the pros and cons of the adapter from ur POV refer to the labove below to know which adapter supports sync and async commnunication . adapters with QoS BE supports sync commnunicaion others not

Question: How do I use the security mechanisms of my JMS provider (such as encryption and client authentication)?

Answer: For the most part, you cannot use them at present. JMS does not specify an API for controlling and calling security functions, and therefore JMS cannot control them. In theory, it is possible for the JMS administered objects to be preconfigured with security attributes and created in an LDAP directory that the JMS adapter accesses using JNDI. For the most part, however, this solution is incomplete. It requires additional data (such as the client or server certificate) to be transferred frequently when the QueueConnectionFactory or the queue is created, using methods that are specific to the provider (because they are not specified by JMS, see above). In general, a normal JMS adapter does not recognize these methods.

Please reward points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the link with me...but couldnt get the details about the security things for adapters.....

is it possible to be more specific...