cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes and DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have information on the use of Lotus Notes in the DMS System. By use I mean storing (drag and drop) and searching.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

One possible option is to write custom add-in EasyDMS which exports user mails from lotus notes server and checks in into easydms.

This can be possible with the interfaces provieded by Lotus notes server and with the help of custom plug-in featues from easyDMS. You can launch this plugin from context menu. Check sdn wiki to see how to create a EasyDMS plug-in.

Jomerce

Edited by: Jomerce PJ on Oct 1, 2009 7:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use easyDMS to drag & drop to save mail message in SAP DMS. After that you can use normal search CV04N in DMS to search them. It is also possible to save the attachment in similar way by using easyDMS in sap from Lotus Notes.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

well direct integration from lotus notes to easydms may fail as to my knowledge it is not supported. what can be done in this case is save the mail from lotus notes to local system and then copy paste/ drag n drop of the saved file is possible using easyDMS. (direct drag n drop or save from lotus notes might work but if it doesnt work, then use workaround)

regards,

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anirudh Kodgule,

Have you specifically seen this work with Lotus Notes? If so can you point me to a document or a PowerPoint or customer reference that I can sue to exsplain this?

Thanks,

Rhod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Incidently for a similar requirement for a large Lotus Notes /SAP user customer, we have recommended of using from Notes, File - export option for mail message body and for attachments detach - save to easyDMS option to save them in SAP.

(you need to have easyDMS installed on clients )

Anirudh,