Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jco Destination creation problem

Sudip1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a ABAP+JAVA installation (usage type EPC, EP) on HP UX with ORacle 10.2.0.2 unicode DB.

I want to create Jco destinations to connect to backend system.

I created one technical system of type ABAP. When I am trying to create the Jco destination, the application / message server dropdown is coming as blank.

Also, when I am trying to delete the technical system, it is getting deleted, but, when I am again trying to create the same, it is showing "CIM _ ERR _ ALREADY _ EXISTS: Instance already exists". When I am checking again, that "deleted" ABAP system reappearing in the list of Technical System.

Is there any way out..........Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip

We faced the same issue and resolved the issue  Please check and apply the below notes.

2049836 - "Problem occurred while creating JCO client destination" error in the UWL

1133821 - UWL Destination Service configuration.

Thanks & Regards

V.punna

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in SLD -> Technical Systems choose ABAP system from the drop down list. Delete the current entry or you can edit it.

1) Add application server <hostname> <instance number>

2) in R/3, Go to SMLG, select SPACE or PUBLIC group, see there is application server entry and in assignment ext-RFC enabled checked.

now create Jco and get me status

nikhiL

Sudip1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

As I am not being able to delete the technical system - created for my backend R/3 system, I modifed it and added the Application server as my backend system.

Then I went to the R/3 system and added the Group PUBLIC with ext-RFC enabled - checked.

since then, when I am clicking the "create" button for Jco destination, getting the following error :

500 Internal Server Error

SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.00/Java AS 7.00

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

[Hide]

Error Summary

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

If the information contained on this page doesn't help you to find and correct the cause of the problem, please contact your system administrator. To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page. Hint: Most browsers allow to select all content, copy it and then paste it into an empty document (e.g. email or simple text file).

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.checkStatus(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:991)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape.checkStatus(WDSystemLandscape.java:469)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateJCODestinations(NameDefinition.java:285)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateNavigation(NameDefinition.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.wdDoInit(NameDefinition.java:157)

... 45 more

See full exception chain for details.

System Environment

Client

Web Dynpro Client Type HTML Client

User agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Version null

DOM version null

Client Type msie6

Client Type Profile ie6

ActiveX enabled

Cookies enabled

Frames enabled

Java Applets enabled

JavaScript enabled

Tables enabled

VB Script enabled

Server

Web Dynpro Runtime Vendor: SAP, build ID: 7.0014.20071210061512.0000 (release=645_VAL_REL, buildtime=2007-12-10:05:23:29[UTC], changelist=470565, host=pwdfm101), build date: Fri May 30 18:19:09 IST 2008

J2EE Engine 7.00 patchlevel 109886.44

Java VM Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version:1.4.2 1.4.2.13-070317-20:54-IA64W IA64W, vendor: Hewlett-Packard Company

Operating system HP-UX, version: B.11.23, architecture: IA64W

Session & Other

Session Locale en_US

Time of Failure Fri Jun 06 09:08:23 IST 2008 (Java Time: 1212723503977)

Web Dynpro Code Generation Infos

sap.com/tcwdtools

No information available null

sap.com/tcwddispwda

sap.com/tcwdcorecomp

Detailed Error Information

Detailed Exception Chain

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.checkStatus(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:991)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape.checkStatus(WDSystemLandscape.java:469)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateJCODestinations(NameDefinition.java:285)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateNavigation(NameDefinition.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.wdDoInit(NameDefinition.java:157)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.wdp.InternalNameDefinition.wdDoInit(InternalNameDefinition.java:236)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.doInit(DelegatingView.java:61)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.initController(Controller.java:215)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.initController(View.java:445)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:709)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bind(ViewManager.java:555)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:724)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bindRoot(ViewManager.java:579)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.init(ViewManager.java:155)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.InterfaceView.initController(InterfaceView.java:43)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:709)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bind(ViewManager.java:555)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.makeVisible(ViewManager.java:789)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.performNavigation(ViewManager.java:296)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.navigate(ClientApplication.java:767)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.navigate(ClientComponent.java:881)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doNavigation(WindowPhaseModel.java:498)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:144)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:335)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:143)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:319)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:713)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:666)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:53)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Sudip

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Did you configure SLD Data supplier?

2) reset SDLDSUSER password

1) Go to Visual Administrator -> Cluster -> SLD Data Supplier -> HTTP Settings & CIM Client settings. You have to set the host here. Test both CIM Client and by triggering test data.

2) reset:

Go to http://<host>:<port>/useradmin

a) Log in using Administrator: j2ee_admin

administrator password is expired or changed you need to set it back to the original one.

b) search for SLDDSUSER reset password to some dummy.

c) Log off

d) Log-in back with SLDDSUSER the passoword would have expired, here you enter actual password.

go to http://<host>:<port>/sld

Try creating JCo, still error ?

check the Tech Systems

nikhil

Sudip1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

The local SLD is configured manually. Here the SLDDSUSER is j2ee_admin.

I have checked :

01) In visual Admin>SLD Data supplier>

The CIM Client Test is successful.

Trigger SLD Data Transfer is successful.

02) Password for j2ee_admin has not changed.

03) The WEB AS ABAP technical system is present.

04) The landscape is present and the WEB AS ABAP technical system has been included as BC system.

05) j2ee_admin has got all portal roles including super Administrator. I have also added LcrAdministrator so that, all SLD related activities

can be performed with this user.

06) In the R/3 backend system, the logon group PUBLIC is present with ext-RFC enabled - checked.

Now, the problem I am facing is, whenever I am trying to create a Jco destination, the system is throwing the above dump I have mentioned.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Sudip

Sudip1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The moment I am clicking on the create link, I am getting the above dump.

Need your advise to resolve this. Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Sudip

Edited by: Sudip Ghosh on Jun 6, 2008 3:12 PM

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to http://<host>:<port>webdynpro/welcome -> Content Administration. Click on check SLD Connection and start SLD.

see if you are getting error there.

what is your java version? try 1.4.2_06 or above

nikhil

Sudip1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I followed the link you specified...

http://host:port/webdynpro/welcome-->content Administrator....

Then clicked on ..... Check SLD Connection & then

Clicked on Start SLD..... The SLD home page came and the SLD server was running. I stopped and again started the SLD server.

Also the Test Connection is showing "Connection to System Landscape Directory (SLD) successfully tested"

Our Java version is :

gcbepd:ed3adm 21> java -version

java version "1.4.2.13"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2.13-070317-13:26) Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.4.2 1.4.2.13-070317-18:29-IA64N IA64, mixed mode)

I am not understanding why it is showing null pointer exception.

Is it any access privilage related problem?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

Did you solve the problem? We are also facing exactly same error...

Regards,

Amol.