cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Server in Tx SMICM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I recently install a Java Add-In on a BW 3.5 Server.

After the installation I tried to apply a patch to the java stack but it gave me an error that i can't resolve.

And now, after the unsuccessful attempt, I can't start my j2ee server. In the MMC exists the java instance and is it in green status, but when I go to Tx SMICM in the options Administrator -> J2EE Server -> ... all the options are in gray and I can't select anyone, I can't start the j2ee server.

How can I solve this problem?

All your help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for following up.

I solved my issue.

The problem was because the sapinst move some archives from directory j2ee/os_libs/ I don't know why do that but when I look in the directory I found a folder with name ".moved_by_sapinst" so I check that folder and there are the executables files jcmon.exe, jcontrol.exe, jlaunch.exe, and surprise I moved the files to the original folder (j2ee/os_libs) and restart the instance in MMC after that I go to transaction SMICM and the options for j2ee server are available now.

Thanks for all!!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logs in the work directory dev_bootstrap, std_bootstrap, jvm_bootstrap*, dev_dispatcher, std_dispatcher.out

dev_server0, std_server0.out, are no updated because the application doesn't start.

The only log I can find is in the MMC in the process disp+work.exe in the developer trace:

<font face='times'>

DpSysAdmExtInit: ABAP is active

DpJ2eeStart: j2ee state = INIT

ERROR => DpProcCreate: DpJ2eeStart failed [dpxxdisp.c 10768]

rdisp/http_min_wait_dia_wp : 1 - > 1

ERROR => DpEnvCheckJ2ee: DpJ2eeStart failed [dpxxdisp.c 6445]

Tue Jun 03 18:21:06 2008

ERROR => DpForkExec: CreateProcess (2: No such file or directory) [dpntdisp.c 1486]

LOG Q0I=> DpForkExec, CreateProcess ( CreateProcess 2) [dpntdisp.c 1488]

ERROR => DpEnvCheckJ2ee: DpJ2eeStart failed [dpxxdisp.c 6445]

Tue Jun 03 18:23:46 2008

DpEnvCheckJ2ee: switch off j2ee start flag

</font>

That is the only information that I can get about j2ee server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to appropriate instance using transaction SM51 and then try SMICM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I have 2 instances:

- Instance 00 that is BW in abap stack, I can login in this instance.

- Instance 01 that is the java add-in, I can't login in this instance.

I login in the 00 instance and I go to the Tx SM51 and I found only 1 server active, that is the 00 instance. After that I go to Tx SMICM and the options are still in gray.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barreto-

Can you check with the http://hostname:50xxxx/index.html and see if it shows you wether its active or not and also check in SM51 wether its showing up j2ee active or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi george,

Unfortunately the j2ee server is not active and it can't resolve the http://hostname:50000/index.html direction, and in the Tx SM51 the only server active is the server of the abap stack.

If I go to Tx SMICM in the menu Goto -> HTTP Server -> Display Data show the following information:

<font face='times'>

Application Server State

HTTP Application Server Handler

ABAP Server operational = TRUE

J2EE Server configured = TRUE

J2EE HTTP port =

J2EE HTTPS port =

J2EE Server operational = FALSE

Default root access handler = ABAP

URL Prefix Table loaded = FALSE

</font>

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you tried to patch the JAVA on this and what is the erros in the SDM log shows you whatz the exact error and what does the default trace say about the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I tried to patch JAVA but was not with SDM but it was with SAPInst. The error was in the beginning when the installer checks for Operating System accounts, in that step fails and stop the installation, but before, the installations stops the java server and since that the j2ee server can be restart again.

I haven't the whole log but the message error is:

<font face='times'>

ERROR

FSL-01006 Unable to add account <domain>\bwdadm to group <host>\None. HRESULT=0x80005002</font>

That is a problem with the domain controller according to the note 786608 but that is other case.

Now I want to patch with SDM but I can't because my j2ee server is down and I can't start it. Sorry I know that I need the whole log for determinate the situation when and why the server stops, but is so strange it seems that the java add-in were unregistered from the server. Thats my situation.