cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Data Manager Crashes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a slightly modified BP-Repository. After a couple of changes to the data model my data manager keeps crashing when trying to save a record in the main table. The log says:

Assertion failed. index != ID_NOT_ASSIGNED

File name: ..\..\..\MDM\RichClients\DataManager\ExpressionsPane.cppLine number: 142

Looks like I deleted some fields for which a validation was assigned. When I try to access the validations tab in record mode the dm crashes immediately. How can I fix this problem or delete all validations?

Thanks,

Ingo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the error, some subtables are deleted which are linked to some main table/flat table.

Plz check your console's table and check all lookup tables existing or not.

Rgds

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

This problem seems particularly due to the inconsistency in your data model due to addition and deletion of fields.

When such changes are made in the repository and the repository is not updtaed with the changes then there is an inconsistency due to which the mDM clients like the Data manger crashes.

Try these out:

- Unmount and mount your server,then unload and then load your repository with indices this might updtae the new changes.

- Try to verify and repair the rep if any errors exists.

- if nothing of these works then take a backup of your lookup data and reuse the schema to create a new rep and see if it is possible to delete the validations there.

Hope It Helped

Kindly Reward Points If Found Useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

How can I fix this problem

Really interesting, Did you tried Verify Repository options.

Also try to unload and reload the repository if it make changes accordingly.

or delete all validations?

All Validations can be removed by using options export Schema and Import Schema. However not a recommended solution

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I'm using 5.5.62.50 on a WIN32-machine, both server and clients.

Verification: I tried this and it found 7 non-critical errors so I repaired, still the same problem.

Schema export/import: Would be OK for now (no production repository), though I lose all the lookup table data entered :(.

Does anybody know which table data I need to clear/modify in order to wipe away the validations?

Kind Regards,

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is sort of a pain, but you could export all of your check tables to excel, so that will make your life a bit easier when you export / import the schema, so you can reload the data quickly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's getting funnier now. I exported the schema and made a new repository out of it, but it doesn't load. When I verify it showed a couple of errors, during repair it can't fix two errors:

$$$ Fatal error(1384): The subtable field (FieldId = 80) is linked to a table (TableId = 0) not exists.

@@@ Can not repair automatically. Call technical support.

$$$ Fatal error(1384): The subtable field (FieldId = 108) is linked to a table (TableId = 0) not exists.

@@@ Can not repair automatically. Call technical support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, that's an interesting error. Your assessment makes sense. I don't know what tables the validations are stored in the database, so I'm not sure how you could remove them. What version are you running on? Perhaps this bug was addresses in a more recent version of MDM.