cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help in Select Options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As per my requirement, when we press F4 in one select option , I would like to generate search help based on the value entered in the select option field.

eg: I have select option for "Partner Name". if user enters "TOM" in select options. On press of F4 , I would like to generate search help table with all name having "TOM" in it and attach table with this select option.

Something similar like "ON VALUE REQUEST" event of ABAP.

Regards,

Vishal.

Its very urgent. Full points would be rewarded.

Edited by: VISHAL GUPTA on Jun 4, 2008 12:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

*" Freely programmable search help for select option

lt_range_table = wd_this->m_handler->create_range_table( i_typename = 'S_PLANETYE' ).

wd_this->m_handler->add_selection_field(

i_id = 'S_PLANETYE'

it_result = lt_range_table

i_read_only = read_only

*i_value_help_type = 'APPLDEV'*

i_value_help_id = <ref_value_help_comp>).

Regards,

Chitrali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have implemented the Search Help Exit for this issue.

But I found out that, we can not pass value from "Select Option" to Search Help Exits as at no point we can capture screen data to be passed to search help.

Do any one have any input on this ?

Regards,

Vishal.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It sounds like you just want to use a freely programmed value help. It should work the same for a select-option as it does for an input field.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/47/9ef8cc9b5e3c5ce10000000a421937/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/47/9ef8cc9b5e3c5ce10000000a421937/frameset.htm]

Via the API of the IWD_VALUE_HELP interface you can access to the context attribute that triggered the value help, so you can have access to the current value to read your matching values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.

I am generating the select optins in WDINIT. Where should write the code to get the API.

Do you have some sample code for this.

regards,

Vishal.

Edited by: VISHAL GUPTA on Jun 4, 2008 2:02 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think you need to research the Freely Programmed value help first. There is no coding of the API in your component. This is something that would be done in your Freely Programmed Value Help Component. When you implement the IWD_VALUE_HELP interface in your Value Help component you will get a method called SET_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER. This listner object (it is an importing parameter of this method) is IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER. There is an attribute of this object called F4_CONTEXT_ELEMENT that gives you access to the source element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would try this. But I am using SELECT OPTIONS. Is there any otions of "freely programmed " in SELECT OPTIONS

Regards

Vishal.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You set the Value Help type at the Context Attribute level not the UI Element. So just set the context attribute to Freely Programmed like you would if this was going to be an Input Field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a SELECT OPTION. and in Selet Option there is no ' Context Attribute ". so, How can I set the Value Help type at the Context Attribute level ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are correct it is a bit different with a select-option. You have to use the I_VALUE_HELP_TYPE and I_VALUE_HELP_MODE importing parameters of the ADD_SELECTION_FIELD method of the IF_WD_SELECTION_OPTIONS. That way when the selection object component generates its inner context it will have the Value Help.