cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP2 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear board,

my appologies if I missed a guide out there. Does the installation of SP2 necessarily involve all components of NW IDM? E.g. the identity center console or the workflow / monitoring applications?

Kind regards and many thanks,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

in the linked documents from the setup.htm you will find the information about the update of every single component (you really need to update every single component). In brief: Execute the update-scripts for the database and install the IC afterwards to fit with the db-schema (no data will be lost).

In the documentation it's also recommended to re-install the workflow and monitoring components. These 2 components call some procedures and views in the DB with your updated schema and that's why they won't work proberly otherwise.

These installations are not that time-consuming as the first time, because you've already configured your DB and Apache/IIS and PHP with Smarty.

If you wait a few more weeks, you will get SP2 Patch 1 with some fixes or same installation procedure again.

Best regards,

Nils

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

many thanks for your reply, I am afraid my question was not to precise enough. If I want to bring my installation vom SP1 to SP2, do I have to install ALL components again?

Kind regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You can install the components seperately. E.g. install the Identity Center with the JRE and scripts for the database to do provisioning/synchronisation without further workflows and monitoring possibilities on the first server. Then you can install the WF/Monitoring components on a seperate web server, with PHP and Smarty templates to access the first server.

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000062312008E or the setup.htm from the installation folder will answer your question in detail.

Best regards,

Nils