cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales returns-Excise invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While doing sales returns, what will be excise entries? How we can claim back the excise invoice?

As per my knowledge the entries should be

cenvat input bed a/c dr

cenvat input ecess a.c dr

cenvat payable cr

How to do this?

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

ar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Incase of Return Sales Order:

T.Code for copy control: VTAF

Source Document: F2

Target Document: RE

Item category REN

Considering the above settings are done:

Create return sales order RE (with Reference to Billing Document) & the data will be copied as it is in Return Sales Order - RE. For Eg: here you require to change to quantity from 10 to 2, as you want to take back into Inventory of only 2.

Incase of Return Delivery:

T.Code for copy control: VTLA

Source Document: RE

Target Document: LR

Item category REN

Considering the above settings are done:

Create Return Delivery through T.Code VL01N & do PGR (Post Goods Receipt). This will add the stock to blocked stock. This will take care of Inventory.

To address the issue of how to take Credit for Excise, use T.Code: J1IH --> other Adjustment & based on the credit to be taken, make the necessary entry.

Incase of Credit Memo:

T.Code for copy control: VTFA

Source Document: RE

Target Document: Credit Memo

Item category G2N (Check in System)

First in VA02, remove the Billing Block in Return Sales Order - RE & save the document. Now in T.Code: VF01, enter Return Sales Order Number & select the appropriate Billing Type (Credit Memo) & Enter& Save. This will create Credit Memo.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

The problem you are facing right now is really challenging and exciting too.What you can do is create an account group for vendor and assign an external no. range to it.Then create a vendor with the same no. as that of the customer.Once you create the vendor, assign the same no. in J1IEX transaction and process the document further.Then i believe,you will be able to update RG23A(both I & II).

Please let me know whether this helps you.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AR,

The std way is to use the Capture Invoice transaction J1IEX and use the EWPO transaction type and do the Invoice capture w.r.t the Invoice raised during the Sales process ( ETT=DLFC ).

This will reverse your excise. But the question which I am battling with is in the J1IEX transaction, it asks for a vendor and here the customer is the one who is sending it back. So it will not accept the customer as a vendor. Again if you put the customer number the system gives an error msg saying Vendor does not exist in LFA1 table. I am trying to get a solution for this.

According to SAP standard BP documentation, this the transaction to use. SAP also juses a Vendor nuber which is different from the Customer Number and it does not explain whether the customer is to be maintained as a vendor.

If thats the case then all the customers need to be maintained as a vendor which should not be the case.

I hope the information is useful to you to solvce he issue. If you solve it first I would appreciate a mail from you. If I do it first then I will.

regds

Jude