Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding smartform calling in webdynpro

sreelatha_gullapalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have created one smartform and i called that smartform in webdynpro while executing it is showing the out put but it is not displaying the amrtform it is showing message like 'the file does not begin with '&PDF-' '

Can any body give me the solution. It is very urgent.

Regards,

sreelatha gullapalli.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First of all, why use SmartForms in WDA - especially if it is a new form. You should really be using Adobe Forms as that is the only solution that has Web Dynpro Framework support.

If you need to use SmartForms you would have to convert the SmartForm to PDF first. Then you would have to pass it into the InteractiveForm UI element. Please describe your whole solution and how you are trying to display the SmartForm.

maulik
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Adobe Forms cost licensing $$$s and most companies would prefer to leverage what has already been spent. If Smartforms will work why use Adobe Forms unless ofcourse you need something more interactive which again in my opinion does not justify the cost v/s value of Adobe Forms.

>

> First of all, why use SmartForms in WDA - especially if it is a new form. You should really be using Adobe Forms as that is the only solution that has Web Dynpro Framework support.

>

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Adobe Forms cost licensing $$$s

Only when creating new interactive forums - not when creating non-Interactive Forms.

>If Smartforms will work why use Adobe Forms

As I said, there is no built in integration with SmartForms. You have to call the Function Modules and convert to PDF. With Adobe Forms you can data bind the WD Context directly to the Adobe Form Context. This certainly makes the development easier.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos