cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: OCI Attach, try again ... when trying to access Oracle by MDM Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

After having installed Oracle 9.2.0.7 and MDM Server 5.5 SP06 I tray to connect to Oracle with MDM Server.

When trying to create the repository (context menu of localhost, where MDM and Oracle is running), I enter the tns Name as definend in tnsnames.ora and user passowrd but get the error:

'Error initializing datebase engine'

Checking the log file results in:

"Error: OCI Attach, try again ..."

A change of he entry in mdm.ini from Oracle\Dll=oci.dll to Oracle\Dll=D:\Oracle9_2i\bin\oci.dll does not help.

Any ideas, what the problem is?

Thanks

Hartmut Ahlvers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart your MDM Server and DBMS Server.

Also, Check your DBMS settings again by right clicking on your MDM Server. Check also your DBMS Type and DBMS Server.

Then while creating Repository give the DBMS login credential such as Login = Your DBMS username and then password = DBMS password

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can assure, that I have done all this. The access to the database works fine e.g. with sqlplus.

Apparently the MDM server cannot access the OCI.DLL. The question is, what information is it missing and how to provide the relevant information to the mdm server?

Regards Hartmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, i think you are missing some settings, During Oracle installation have you created Database SID etc, if not so, go to start --->All Programs ---> Oracle ---> Configuration Assistance

Check your Database services running...

Again i will say check your DBMS settings ....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mandeep,

I have been an Oracle Consultant for many years, believe me - without an SID there is no database.

I am really keen on hints which refer to my question.

Regards

Hartmut