cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Quotation from Ad hoc cost estimation of cProjects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guruu2019s

Please help me in resolving the issue given below. I am able to get ad hoc cost estimation results in accounting screen, but not able to create a Quotation from Ad hoc cost estimation of cProjects.

I am here with providing necessary steps to be followed. But these buttons are not available in my accounting screen.

Prerequisites

A reference quotation has been linked to the project under Structure  Object Links. An ad hoc cost estimate has been created for the project.

Procedure

1. Choose the Accounting tab.

2. Choose link Ad Hoc Cost Estimate.

3. Enter client, user and password to log on to SAP ECC.

The client, user and password must be entered if Single Sign On is not activated

4. On the Ad Hoc Cost Estimate screen, choose .

5. On the Easy Cost Planning screen, choose .

6. Choose .

7. Choose Yes when you are prompted with u201CDo you really want to create the quotation?u201D

8. Write down the Quotation number :_______________

9. Choose .

Result

Quotation in SAP ERP has been created.

Please respond to this at the earliest. Points are given for your reply. I would be great if any one provides step by step procedure for IMG activities. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Suresh. J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thomas' answers within the forum are very helpful. Thank you Thomas!

Just to make sure, if one is not pursuing the quotation part for different business process reasons, there is no other way (without development) in having the revenue pushed back into cProjects directly from a contract . Is this a true statement?

On the other hand, what happens to the revenue calculation a contract has been created in the system and the contract has different numbers (billing rates)? This is not updated back in CPR. To summarize, during project execution there is no integration between SD and CPR, except the one via PS. Can anyone confirm this to me? Maybe I am missing something in the pocess?

Thank you, L.

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

maybe you find the following link also useful:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm400/helpdata/en/index.htm]

Navigation: Collaboration Projects -> Accounting Integration -> Preliminary Costing and Quotation Creation -> Ad Hoc Cost Estimate for cProjects or Sales Pricing for cProjects

From the page:

The cost planning function is executed by Easy Cost Planning (ECP). The cost estimate is always created at project level and is always single-level. The organizational data relevant to costing (controlling area, company code, and master cost center for the derivation of the activity type under which the allocation is reported) is derived from the HR organizational unit specified in the project definition. The costs are calculated based on the rates for the resource, project role, or task. For more information, see Costing Logic.

The revenues are calculated automatically if you have selected the option Use Cost/Revenue Rates from cProjects or Use Sales Pricing in SAP ERP as the revenue calculation type for the project type that you are using for the project. You make this selection in Customizing for Collaboration Projects, by choosing Connection to External Systems -> Accounting Integration -> Make General Settings. With the last option, the revenues are calculated with the dynamic item processor (DIP). For more information, see Sales Pricing for cProjects. Then you can also call up sales pricing from within the ad hoc cost estimate.

You can archive the ad hoc cost estimate in SAP ECC (archiving object CO_ECP) if the project has the status To Be Archived.

Technically, the ad hoc cost estimate is saved in SAP ECC with reference to the cProjects project number. When the project is transferred, it is recosted and the cost estimate stored for the account assignment object.

Hoping this helps...

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

try to work along this one:

Executing Ad Hoc Cost Estimates

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/56/7929382c59737ae10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Hope it will solve your problem.

Best regards,

Angelika

Edited by: Angelika Foerster on Aug 16, 2008 10:37 AM