cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10.2 on solman 4.0 w2k3 server r2 64bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

as a newbie i'm trying to install solman 4.0 SR2. So far so good. I reached the point of the installation guide 4.1 "installing the oracle database software". "place the oracle in the dvd .." By the way - what's the title of the dvd?

i guessed - it's RDBMS.

i started oracle universal installer which wants to install oracle fail safe 3.3.4.0.0 . But this installation fails, because of missing ms cluster server. Well, i did'nt want to install mscs.

Any help is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Markus,

the media seems to be ok. It was shipped with Solution Package from SAP.

So i'm starting to install the oracle database software with 10.2 RDBMS DVD, which contains Windows on X64 64bit. In folder ofs33amd64 i got to start setup.exe because there isn't a sapserver.cmd.

I don't need oracle fail safe because there isn't a cluster.

in the folder ofs334I386 i find a folder OracleInstall. Should i try this setup?

with best regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> the media seems to be ok. It was shipped with Solution Package from SAP.

> So i'm starting to install the oracle database software with 10.2 RDBMS DVD, which contains Windows on X64 64bit. In folder ofs33amd64 i got to start setup.exe because there isn't a sapserver.cmd.

Please read the installation guide at page 70 - it tells you where the sapserver.cmd file is. If this is SAP delievered Oracle Software it should be there.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

i just ignored the fact , that the "nt" is in the path.

Misinterpreting this as NT 4.0 technology.

with best regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you check the Media List Guide for Solution Manager about the CDs/DVDs you need:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP Components

--> SAP Solution Manager

--> Release 7.0

-

> Media List SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Markus