Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prablem with adding External library in WebDynpro DC's

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have created the external library for the .jar file. and also created two public part namley compilation and assembly.

But when i used these public part in my webdynpro DC and alos added jar file in 'Java build path', it giving error like

The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for

java.lang.Object. Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project.

LocalDevelopmentjxlgensap.com

This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.lang.Object

(typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath)

InternalJxlWindInterfaceView.java LocalDevelopmentjxlgensap.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/wdp

Could you please rectify the issue asap.

thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

I am still getting the same error. i have organized import. but not able to import jxl, getting the error jxl cannot be resloved.

I have tried same way again as you have said.

but still not seem to work..

please help me..

thanks

Arun

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

I have used both the API as well as SDA public part. i am able to build and deploy but getting error when running application for JXL/WORKBOOK NoClassFoundError.

Now I have used only SDA public part but not able to build. it s giving me error. "Import jxl cannot be resolved".

Please help me on this.

thanks & regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just try organizing imports if problem still persists then try

adding the SDA part again and then try to rebuild.

This should resolve ur problem.

Regards

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog may be of use for you

/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2008/05/05/how-to-use-external-libraries-in-the-sap-component-model-part-ii

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think U r using Api public part as used dc.U need to use SDA public part as used Dc

You cant just add any external jar file into a DC project.

There is only one way to add a external jar file is by using external library project.

1.create an external library project type DC.

2. put your external jar file into its lib folder.

3. create its public part of type SDA(Assembly in case of CE)...and API(Compilation In case of CE).

4. just use SDA public part into your webdynpro project as used DC.

4. and when you deploy your webdynpro project on server, this file will also get deployed... remember to use SDA public part..

Regards

Surender Dahiya

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VJR and Venkatakalyan,

I have tried the same way as you have said.

I have only added the external dc public part in our webdynpro dc..I also i have chekced in java build path, jxl.jar automatically added. JRE_lib alos present there.

My webdynpro dc successfully buid and deployed. but when i try to RUN the application, it will gives me the error LIKE : -

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jxl/Workbook

at com.sap.apps.TestExcelView.onActionuploadFile(TestExcelView.java:179)

at com.sap.apps.wdp.InternalTestExcelView.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalTestExcelView.java:153)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doHandleActionEvent(WindowPhaseModel.java:420)

my Webdynpro dc not able to find jxl/workboob.

Could you please have a look this issue and let me know asap.

thanks in advance!

thanks & regards

Arun Jaiswal

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to the properties of the DC Project

Go to Java Build Path--->Select Libraries Tab-->Choose AddLibrary Button

Then select JRE System Library

Apply and press OK.

The DC project build successfully.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Have you added the library dc public part as used dc in your webdynpro dc?

There is no need to go and add this jar file externally in javabuild path. It will automatically be added if you add public part as used DC.

Regarding the error you are getting, your webdynpro DC is not able to find the class file Object. It looks like the JRE_LIB is missing in the JavaBuildPath-> Libraries of your Webdynpro project.

Please check this.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

VJR.