cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM run - Unfulfilled demand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am taking a CTM run where the demand is typically of 91 days. The demand is of raw materials at the factory which is procured from the suppliers and the supplier capacity is maintained through PPM at the supplier location. On analysis, I have found that for some materials there is unfulfilled demand for the last few weeks at the factory even though the supplier resource is idle i.e. utilization is 0%. I am not able to make out the reason for this behaviour. I have made global settings allowing for late demand fulfillment of 999 days. This is not of relevance because if the supplier resources are utilized then it can meet the unfulfilled demands on time. However, CTM neither meets the last few demands on time nor does it meet it delayed. Can anybody help me?

thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cannot tell sureshot answer.Please try below things...

1) Go for checking Master data Check in CTM profile.You may get some clue.

2) Check if the concerend resources have got the capacity available on the said dates as per calendar attached.

3) Go for "Live Cache Check: for the concerned resource.

4) Run consistency check in PPM.

5) Also take normal heuristic run/ infinite CTM run to check if master data setting is correct.

This may help you.

Rgds

Nil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nil,

I have gone through the following:

1) Master data Check in CTM profile.

2) Check if the concerned resources have got the capacity available on the said dates as per calendar attached.

3) Run consistency check in PPM

None of the above gives any clue. In fact, for point 2 above, the resource is idle and still is not being utilized to fulfill unmet demand.

I have one doubt about a setting

CTM: Global Customizing Settings -> Demand-Dependent Constrainsts -> Allow Shortage

The Allow Shortage setting is checked. The help says the following

Allow Shortage : Indicates whether the system is allowed to only partially fulfill a demand.

Use : If you set this indicator, a demand element is considered fulfilled once the system is able to fulfill only a part of the demand quantity using receipts. The demand is only considered not fulfilled, if the system is unable to schedule any receipt element for it.

If you do not set this indicator, the system has to completely fulfill the demand.

This indicator has been set. Is this why, CTM leaves some demands unfulfilled? But this does not happen very often. Any insights?

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.and Sorry for delay in reply.

Allow Shortage means CTM will allow partial fulfillment of demand and its not a cause for unfulfillment of demand.

If allabove given options are not helping..then pl try soem additional points...

1) check CTM time stream horizon

2) Also try to simulate demand in CTM profile- Demand tabpage...all demand should get selected there

3) In CTM profile- Planning Scope tabpage..pl chk if "All Demand in version" is checked..

4) Pl chk there is no pegged supply alreday to some demand whcih are not getting planned...even if its there u can hv option in CTM profile - Strategies for"Replan all orders".

5) In Special Strategies pl chk that u r not doing "Net Change Planning"

6) Pl chk whether dates of unfulfilled demadn constraint of elad time..Date of those demands cud be so early that with lead time data system is not able to meet in specified time.

Lets see if this works.

rgds

Nil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nil,

Have you use PDS for CTM, we found CTM works well with PPM. we found probelm with PDS

Specific question:

APO: /SAPAPO/RTOUI_MODE u2013DURFIX(?)

Where can I set up in ECC(6.0) or R//3, so when I create PDS, this field will be populated.

APO: /SAPAPO/RTOUI_MODE u2013DURVAR - we set up in PPPI/ECC 6.0 version Resources.e

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I hv not worked on CTM with PDS till date.So as of now i cannot answer your question.

Regret for delay in reply.

rgds

Nil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nil,

I have checked the settings in the CTM profile.

I find that we have the Planning strategies with

Planning mode as "Replan All Orders",

Delete mode as "Delete Orders That Are Not Firm" and

Special Strategies with "Execute Net Change Planning" checked, Plan Changed Demands and Delete All Existing Receipts.

I believe we need to uncheck "Execute Net Change Planning" in special strategies. Will do that and let you know of the result.

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed