cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning records to the mask based on field value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a Item status field in the main table. It has the values "Approved" and "Unapproved". To some of the records

the status value is "approved" and for some the status is "Unapproved" and later these statuses would be changed..

I should create a mask only with the approved records.i., mask should contains only the approved records.

can anybody suggest me how to assign only approved records to the mask , how can i validate the field for mask ?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said later these status would be changed, i would suggest you to go for Named Searches instead Masks as it is Dynamically mean if later u changes some unapproved records to Approved Records it will come automatically under Named Searches and Vice-versa mean if later staus of some records changed to Unapproved then it automatically get excluded from your Named Search.

Procedure:

1. Open Data Manager, Select Named Searches As your Current Table , add record over here say Named Search as Approved

2. Now select the main table as your current table---> Go to free form Search , Corresponding to your Status field write Approved , it will select all the records with Status Approved

then From main Menu select Search navigate to Save as Named Search then Approved in this way all records with status approved come under Named Search Approved

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep.

Thank you for your reply.

Its working fine.

Points has been assigned to you.

Regards

Sireesha.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sireesha,

As vinay said, go for named searches instead of masks.

First search the records which are approved using free-form search and save the

search by giving some name and it will be stored as record in named search table.

whenever any new data entered, the search will be automatically updated as named

search is dynamic in nature.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Instead of masks you can go with Named Searches because named searches are dynamic in nature.

You make aselection of approved records and add to Named Search and from next time according to the status field (approved or unapproved) only the records with approved status will be added automatically to that Named Search.

When you change the status from unapproved to approved it will automatically add in that named search.But this can not be possible with Masks(As they are static in nature).

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on Jun 4, 2008 2:32 PM

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on Jun 4, 2008 2:36 PM