Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving message after Payload Swap

praveen_pillai3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am stuck with a scenario where we have to deliver a PDF as an inline message and not as an attachment. The PDF is sent from an R/3 system through a Proxy as an attachment and then this is sent back into the IE Pipeline using a SOAP Channel. This is where the attachment is swapped as the payload. The Message that we receive from R/3 contains five fields plus the attachments, but once the payloadswap is done the PDF should be the main payload. I have a sender SOAP channel to start the second stage flow, but not sure on what message Interface to use hereu2026

Flow u2013 Summary

Stage 1 (R/3 to XI)

Proxy with PDF as an attachment

Message routed to a receiver SOAP channel that send the message back on to the IE Pipeline

The attachment is swapped in this channel

Stage 2 (XI u2013 Receiver) - Receiver uses FTP

Receive the payload using a SOAP sender channel

This is where I am stuck. Do not know how the payload looks like and what message interface to use to receive this PDF message.

I would really appreciate if you could give me some guidance on this issue. I am not able to find any proper documentation for the payload swap bean, is there one out there??

Thanks & Regards

Prav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a nasty little trick but it works great.

Create any Message Interface with any structure for inbound and outbound interfaces if required... then do your configuration assuming that the Message interface is correct.

Please note that this will only work if you have no mapping so you should not specify an interface mapping in the interface determination step.

The trick is based on the fact that XI does not validate the structure of a message. If a message has an incorrect structure, it gets picked up in the mapping, which is not a problem if you don't use any mapping.

Sounds strange but trust me, it works...

Regards,

Yaghya

praveen_pillai3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot for your response.

Yes, if there was no mapping i could use a dummy interface and route the data, but in this case there is a mapping involved and I have to read the payload (PDF in Bin) and then assign this to a filed in the target XML.

I tried using a structure with a single string element, but it didn't not work.

Thanks & Regards

Prav

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there's is mapping involved, maybe you can call a java mapping before the standard mapping. In the java mapping you can wrap your message in an xml field?

Answers (0)