cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material creation in ECC Frm MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Has any one tried creating new Material records in ECC frm MDM?

I have a scenario wherein a user logins from EP and creates a new material record.This triggers the MDM workflow and the enrichment of the record happens.

Finally this material needs to be posted in ECC using XI.

I have tried doing this but however, the idocs fails saying that the Material Does not exists or is not activated..

Can any one guide me on this.

Helpful answers will be rewarded

Thanks

Simona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like an issue that could be happening because of a material number. I think you are probably assigning a material number in MDM, and then trying to pass that number in the IDoc but ECC is configured to generate it's number instead of accept external numbering. First of all, are you generating the material number in MDM before passing the IDoc to ECC? Second, go into your config in IMG and see if ECC is configured for internal or external number assignments. I think your issue probably exists there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

I am entering the material number from MDM which comes under the external number range for that material type.

I have also checked with the settings and found that,the material type that i am using excepts both internal and external numbering.

So the material number should not be a problem rite?

But the error message says something abot activating the material,how can that be done from MDM?

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simona,

This problem occurs when the particular material number does not exists in ECC or if exixts its not in active state. the settings are required on ECC side not on MDM side. You can seek help of any MM functional as AN+ also mentioned, ask him to do the required settings so that a new material get created when you post the Idoc in ECC.

BR,

Alok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

As Harrison pointed, a good MM consultant will be able to do required settings for you.

+ An