cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice with RFC using SAP Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a common way, to provide a function module of R/3 as Webservice in Java? The Problem i face is, that i built up an EJB with SAP Connectivity to call the RFC and provide this as WebService on SAP WebAS Java. My Problem is now, that we have as well on Java side and on R/3 side corresponding D, Q and P Systems. So if Webservice runs on D, it should connect to D System of R/3, and so on.

In Portal we use Aliases for this, but don`t know how to access the Aliases in the EJB, also Portal Systems need User Mapping, our Webservice should be accessed anonymuosly.

Is there a similar way on EJB side to use Aliases?

Regards Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wrong forum, but here are some answers:

> is there a common way, to provide a function module of R/3 as Webservice in Java?

Every Remote Enabled Functionmodule can be exposed as a web service. Display the functionmodule in SE37 and choose Utilities -> More Utilities -> Create Web Service.

Use the Webservice Client project wizard in NWDS to create a Java client proxy. This will come with a logical ports file which defines where the web service runs. Specify a logical port for each environment you have (D, Q and P), then in your code decide which logical port to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

sry posting here, but use NWDI to transport our WebService/EJB development, so we cannot change the backend systems, after releasing in NWDS.

Unfortunatly our R/3 is still running on 4.6c, which is not ready for Webservices. Additionally the Java WebAS, which is providing the Webservice is running inside a DMZ between two firewalls (for external access), so i`m not sure, if the logical ports will work here.

So i would like to transport an EJB via NWDI, where the backend is defined like an portal system alias.

Regards Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using SAP JRA as described in this article: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad09cd07-0a01-0010-93a9-933e247d....

All you need to do is define a managed connection factory on your D, Q and P systems with the same name, but different connection properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

that`s it, works perfectly.

Thanks for help

Regards Oliver

Answers (0)