cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Failed with .Net Connector / Data Provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to get a connection to a SAP System working ... without success, so if you can, please help me!

I need to integrate data from the IDES System into Microsofts SQL Server 2005 over the internet...

First I used the .Net Data Provider for mySAP Business Suite. Unfortunately everytime I try to connect I get the error message that either username or password are incorrect... which they are not... I have access to the SAP Server because the user gets blocked if I try to logon too many times. Do I have to encrypt the password or what is wrong? Any ideas?

So, then I tried the .Net Connector 2.0 which returned the same error message when I entered a custom logon information. By using the saplogon.ini information i can connect to the server, BUT whenever I want to browse the BOR folder in the Server Explorer of VS2003 to check the connection I receive the error that C:\Windows\sapmsg.ini can't be found...

AFAIK this file is not included in the sapgui installation...

So I have no idea what to try now... So please help me... THANKS IN ADVANCE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sure that the message that either username or password (or client) are incorrect tells the truth.

For this exceptions there is only 3 possible reasons:

- bad client

- wrong username / password.

- case problems: If backend is case-sensitive you need a case-sensitive LIBRFC32 (version 6.40) on the client. The version that comes with NCo 2.0.1 is, but maybe it's replaced. If the backend is not case-sensitive and your NCo is, you may need to enter the password all-UPPERCASE.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reiner,

the third point seemed to be the issue. Thank you very much for your answer. It works properly now!