cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form unable to Save work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm creating a Adobe Form via NWDS. under the View -> Layout -> InteractiveForms-> Edit(right click), I've created some input fields and display fields. Then save all MetaData, Rebuild project.

After that when I'm trying to edit the Form again via Layout -> Interactive Form -> Edit(right click). The form turn out to be empty again. It seems like nothing is being save

Anyone know what happen and how to solve it ? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i uninstall it and clean up all the cache and reinstall it

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> I'm creating a Adobe Form via NWDS. under the View -> Layout -> InteractiveForms-> Edit(right click), I've created some input fields and display fields. Then save all MetaData, Rebuild project.

>

> After that when I'm trying to edit the Form again via Layout -> Interactive Form -> Edit(right click). The form turn out to be empty again. It seems like nothing is being save

>

> Anyone know what happen and how to solve it ? Thanks.

Hi

If you want to edit the form from within WD, make sure that a white window pops up, telling you that DTR has realized that someone is editing the file. Otherwise nothing will ever be saved. You must be connected to NWDI for this to work.

Another solution is the following:

1. Go to the place where your xdp-File lies (eg: C:\..\.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\<Project name>\_comp\src\configuration\Components\<componentname>/<filename>.xdp

2. Copy the file to some other place (remove write protection)

3. Doubleclick the file - Adobe Lifecycle Designer opens

4. After editing, save the file, set the write protection again and copy the file back to its place under your project directory

5. In DTR-view of Developer Studio add the file manually to an activity (click through the inactive tree structure and right click on the file-> DTR->edit)

That way you can savely edit the file (make lots of security copies) and you don't have to use the plug in editor from WD.

kind regards

Bettina

Please reward points if this helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arafat,

But its not helping, i tried the way you suggest and deploy it, it hit some exception:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.

PDFDocumentCreationException:

I tried to import a working adobe form project into my NWDS and try opening it, the form turn out to be empty as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Launch Adobe Lifecycle Designer and try to open a form from there. (Dont use WDP)

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using NWDI setup, then ensure that you are connected to DTR server. Otherwise, if you are building the project locally, make the changes in the Interactive form and without closing the Interactive form tab, Save all Meta Data.

This will resolve your problem.

Do reward points if found helpful.

Regards,

Arafat