cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out the status of "Mark As Approved" in the workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can i change the field values for any workflow record once its set as "Mark As Approved".i.e, once the workflow record is set to "Mark As Approved" the value "abc" should be assigned automatically to the field "category".

Can anybody please suggest me on this...

Regards

Sireesha.

Edited by: sireesha esukapalli on Jun 4, 2008 1:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this is possible to do as standard configuration. Assignments can be triggered manually, through a workflow, or from an API. Unfortunately, you can't trigger an assignment as the result of a field change. You could create a workaround which involves building a workflow that triggers when one the "Mark as Approved" field changes, and then from the workflow you could trigger the assignment. However, there is no good solution to trigger a workflow based on the change of one particular field. You can use various timestamp / validation solutions, but they don't work really well.

In short, I don't think there is a good solution for your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

Thank you for your reply.

Let me explain my requirement clearly.

I want to assign a value automatically to a particular field say "Category" to "Training" whenever approver approves the workflow record by right-clicking on the selected workflow record and choose Workflow-> Mark As Approved.ie., the value should be assigned automatically when you choose "Mark As Approved".

My doubt is how can i assign a value automatically when its approved ?

As u said how can i trigger a workflow when its approved through Workflows->Mark As Approved.

Please advice me on this..

Can anybody please advice me...

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

You can have an assign(Set values) step after the approve in which you can give the required value for the category by selecting Lookups drop-down box in the expression editor.After u "Mark as approved" go to the next step.It will get assigned.

Regards,

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

This works fine only for the approval scenario but what if the approver disapproves the record by selecting "Mark As Disapproved". when the record is disapproved thru context menu "mark as disapproved" then also status shoud changed to some value. In this case if i i use setvalues step after approve it wont work if the record is disapproved i think...

how can i do for both approve and disapprove?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Use branch step.It might be useful in your scenario.

For example take first validation whcih satisifies your requirement that means records

should be approved and second validation as default.

The records which satisify your requirement means satisifies your first validation

will be approved and then assign step comes after approve step to assign value

which you want for approved records.

The records which follows default validation will not be approved and then assign

a value for unapproved records.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Narendra