SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to configure the system as per this requirement. Can you send me a complete literature regarding as to how I would configure the below(which would include performance indices,calculation points etc..)

REQ: Input the grades and calculate the semester GPA (grade point average) and cumulative GPA of the student. Semester GPA is the combined grade average of all courses attempted by a candidate (including failed courses) during a given semester, where each course is given a weight, normally equal to its credit-unit value.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

This should be pretty straightforward. You will make use of the delivered Performance Index Calculation called 'GPA1'. You simply need to assign this to some Academic Performance Indicies which you will create in the IMG:

IMG Step is:

SLCM -> Master Data in SLCM -> Performance Indicies -> Define Academic Performance Indices:

Here, create one called 'GPA', for example. and assign it your GPA academic scale and the PI Calculation 'GPA1'. It needs no filters nor parameters.

If you want, create your 'SGA' (Semester GPA). The only difference is that you would add a filter for 'Year and Period'. You need to create this Filter yourself via a BAdi implementation In the Performance Index section of the IMG).

I say 'if you want', because when you use any Performance Index, such as GPA, you can restrict its calculation scope by Year/Session already. However, I understand it is sometimes useful to have an explicit 'Sessional GPA' as well.

The following code behind the method 'FILTER' should suffice in that case:

DATA: ls_parameter TYPE piqsi2_parameter,

lv_session TYPE piqsi2_paramvalue,

lv_year TYPE piqsi2_paramvalue.

READ TABLE it_parameter INTO ls_parameter

WITH KEY param = 'ACAD_SESSION'.

IF sy-subrc NE 0.

MESSAGE e000(hrpiq00si2) RAISING parameter_missing

WITH 'ACAD_SESSION' 'SESSION' .

ELSE.

lv_session = ls_parameter-param_value.

ENDIF.

READ TABLE it_parameter INTO ls_parameter

WITH KEY param = 'ACAD_YEAR'.

IF sy-subrc NE 0.

MESSAGE e000(hrpiq00si2) RAISING parameter_missing

WITH 'ACAD_YEAR' 'YEAR'.

ELSE.

lv_year = ls_parameter-param_value.

ENDIF.

DELETE ct_calc_bookings WHERE

PERID <> lv_session OR PERYR <> lv_year.

Now, You can just add these Performance Indices to whatever calculation points you wish (such as 'AW01', the academic work overview).

Good luck!

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael..

I shall try it and let u know