cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration not showing up: Error 404

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we engaged this issue some days now and we already checked some entries in this forum but altering doesn't show up in RWB!

So we already did:

1. Activated all services concerning Alerts (SICF)

2. added all user rules to the users in charge

3. checked notes 913858, 750287 etc.

we found sth. what we don't know if its right. When looking in exchange profile we edited the parameter com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.ashost in the fully qualified hostname. But when checking entries like com.sap.aii.ib.server.connect.webas.r3.ashost we only see the hostname - not fully qualified. so paremeters look like this:

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.ashost = server02.domain.local

com.sap.aii.ib.server.connect.webas.r3.ashost = server02

Doesn't these parameters have to be in same structure?! So when we changed com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.ashost in server02 we could not sign on to RWB service with any user.

Can somebody help us on this issue?! We have to activate altering but its is not showing up in RWB at all!

br

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps to Resolve the 404 Not Found Error

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/404error.htm

Hope this link is very useful to you...

Thanks,

Satya..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

Error: 404 Not Found

Description: The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address. This status code is commonly used when the server does not wish to reveal exactly why the request has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.

Possible Tips:- for HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK 404

u2022 404 is an HTTP response code that indicates that the resource in question couldn't be found. Usually this is due to an incorrect URL, so it is better to cross check all URLs. Check pipeline URL in the SLD in the business system of the Integration Server For this go to SLD->Business System-><yourIntegrtaion Server>->Pipeline URL: It should be like this http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry Where host is the host name of the Integration Server and port is the HTTP(8xxx) port. To verify this in Integration Server you can do like this. Go to SXMB_ADM->Integration Engine Configuration->Choose Edit from Menu -> Change Global Configuration Data to switch to change mode. Then select System Landscape - Load Configuration. (This is not required always)

u2022 Check that the port really is the ICM HTTP Port and not the J2EE port i.e SMICM then menu GOTO --> SERVICES and check the port number for HTTP. It should be HTTP port

u2022 If the error is Page cannot be displayed, cannot find server in https configurations Check and correct the SSL configuration for the ABAP and the J2EE side of the system

u2022 If the error is because of integration server when using Proxy communications then check these. i.e SXMB_ADM->Integration Engine Configuration->Corresponding Integration Server enrty should be dest://<Http Integration server-Destination> Where < Http Integration server -Destination > is the RFC destination (SM59) of type HTTP connection (type H) to the Integration Server. In this case, host name, port, and path prefix are saved in the RFC destination.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check the parameters

- http value in exchange profile : 50000 => 8000 .

- host in exchage profile : <server name> => <server name>.domain.

- icm/host_name_full : <server name> => <server name>.domain.

2. First check the HTTP port it may be some thing other not specified by you.

SMICM -- goto- services-- you can see the http port.

3. Try to ping your XI with FQDN. If this does not work, find the ip address of your XI server and add a line to your local hosts file.

In SICF transaction /sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc

check inside the BC node whether you have activated the 'Alert Inbox' service with the service user id and password. Once you have activated you can do a test service from there and you are done...

If You have done almost all the trobleshoot steps, like sicf etc, see this,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

You can refer Michal weblog, like other things like SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET,ALRTCATDEF May be you get a clue.

Check the below link:-

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jun 4, 2008 10:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

well i already did what you suggested but redo all the steps again!

Then i tried sth. what i thought could not work. I edited the host-file and entered a new line.

so now i got two!! entries for the server:

IP.94.15.11 server02

IP.94.15.11 server02.domain.local

...and now i can see the alterinbox in RWB.

Such a strange thing

thx to all!!

br