SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change BP Address Usage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I change/remove the address usage for a Business Partner? Currently, in table BUT021 the field ADR_KIND can have only 2 values: CON_OBJECT & 0001.

I need to add a new address number for a BP with ADR_KIND = 0001 (which I have already done) & remove the previous address numbers for the same BP with ADR_KIND = 0001. How can I delete/modify address usage data without affecting other address data associated with the BP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try updating using the BAPI

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE

Populate the strucutres ADDRESSUSAGE and ADDRESSUSAGE_X

Address usage is time dependent and is therefore stored in table BUT021_FS also.

Do not use direct updates on standard tables.

Edited by: Parmarth Naswa on Jun 10, 2008 10:56 AM

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In transaction BP on tab 'Address Overview', you can see 'Address Usage'. There you can move new address to other address type and remove from old one.

0 Kudos

I specifically require a FM that can make changes (delete/remove entries) in table BUT021 for address usages (Address for correspondence, Connection object address etc). [Field: BUT021-ADR_KIND]. As this field is a part of Primary key, i cannot change it. Hence, i need to delete the entire tuple.

I can use this statement: DELETE but021 FROM TABLE itab. But this might cause synchronization problems. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos

I think that for such mass changes you've to write report. I would use some of these FM

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_ADD

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_GETDETAIL

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_REMOVE

I think that using DELETE is not good idea. For sure there'll be no history of changes. Beside I don't know if there are some other connections to but021 or not, that could cause you problems in near future.

0 Kudos

Additionally you can also try to use the ISU-function modules created just for stuff like that, in your case: BAPI_ISUPARTNER_CHANGE.

KR

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try updating using the BAPI

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE

Populate the strucutres ADDRESSUSAGE and ADDRESSUSAGE_X

Address usage is time dependent and is therefore stored in table BUT021_FS also.

Do not use direct updates on standard tables.

Edited by: Parmarth Naswa on Jun 10, 2008 10:56 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Im using this to change address usages with no problem,

Thing is when I got a BP with 2 addresses and I need to change the XXDEFAULT assigment from one address to another.

its there any special treatment for this ussage type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this solved the problem for me.

in SM30 / SM31 add entry.

Table:         SMOFPARSFA
Key:         CRMADDR
Parameter Name:  CHECK_ADDR_USE
Parameter Value: X

see also: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1342299

then use previously mentioned BAPI's.

kind regards