cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB support matrix on NW2004s and WAS 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding DB supportability on NW2004s.

1. Does NW2004s support MS SQL Server 2005? Does it support the Standard verion or the Enterprise version?

2. In the installation of Netweaver Developer Workplace (from NW2004s), we can choose to install with MS SQL server. What version of SQL server does it support up to?

Thanks a lot,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

did you check http://service.sap.com/pam for NW2004s?

There is a very good overview presentation linked to the NW2004s product. If you can't see it I can mail it to you.

Regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Point 1:

- Sql Server 2005 is not supported yet

- only Enterprise Edtions are supported

Point 2:

- only Sql Server 2000 Enterprise

- you can't install Sql 2000 Ent on a workstation. use Sql 2000 Developer instead (same features as Enterprise but not supported by SAP). Do not use Developer Edition on production systems.

see also : service.sap.com/instguides2004s

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone for the inputs.

Point 1 is very clear and from the PAM I found that in Q1 2006 Netweaver 2004s will support MS SQL 2005.

I still have some questions with point 2, since the PAM says MS SQL 2005 will be supported in Q1 2006, my understanding is that we can also use MS SQL 2005 for NetWeaver Development Workplace installation (i.e. the NWDS 7, J2EE Engine 7). Please correct me if my understanding is wrong as the PAM doesn't specify the server is for Developer Workplace or only for CI.

Thanks again,

Marc