cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MetaData Jco Connection without MsgSvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have again a problem setting up the Jco Connections for the WebDynpro tutorial. Now, I'm able to create a JcoConnection for the application data, but none for the MetaData, because the IDes, I want to connect to, is not installed with a message server (in that case it really wouldn't make sense, as there is only one app server).

So, please, can anybody tell me, if there is a way to define a MetaData Jco Connection without load balancing?! Or give me a hint, how I can make that tutorial run?

Thx in advance!

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

It is for load balancing purposes that message server is required for the creation of JCO metadata. When large volumes of users are accessing the metadata it becomes necessary that it should be load balanced.

Also using the transaction SMLG you will have to add the message server to the Public logon group. Then only you can create the metadata connection

Also check the services file for the entry sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

Rohits statement is not entirely true. While a message server is required for load balancing and is required for the metadata connection, the two requirements are in no way related. If that were true then I would assume that a message server would be required for the application data as an increase in metadata traffic would correspond to an increase in modeldata traffic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx guys,

for your answer, unless they are not satisfying. But sometimes it's just good to know, that there is no solution.

I really don't understand, why SAP does not let it up to the Administrator to decide, whether to use load balancing or not. But I'm not supposed to understand everything.

Thx again!

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must have a message server to read the metadata.