Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving the File in the same source folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EveryBody,

I have a file to file scenario.

Scenario Description :

I have 10 source folders and one Communication channel.I am picking the files from different source folders (with .txt extension) using the option Advance Selection for Source File in the CC.

I am able to pick the files,do the Content Conversion and process them.

Now i want to archive these files in the same source folder from where i pick.The Archive Filename will be same as the Source Filename with the extension changed to .eof (for example if i have a file in folder X with the name input.txt then it shld be picked and archived in the same folder X with the name input.eof).

Can somebody help me out on this?

How can i do this?

Is there any option to do such type of archiving for any number of folders using a single Communication channel?

Adapter Module is one of the option but is there any other option?

If Adapter module is one of the option , can somebody expain me the Module execution flow for the sender file adapter , that is whether custome model will execute first or standard module is executed before that.

Helpful answers will be rewarded with points.

Thanks,

Zabiulla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use "." for the archive folder (without the quotation marks).

That will archive to the same folder the file was read from.

Regards,

Yaghya

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

While configuring your communcitation channel, in the processing tab --> processing mode,you need to select the archive mode and then specify the path as to where you want to post it, in your case it will be the same path as to your source path, give the same path and specify the name of the file as to what name you want to archive

Hope this clears your doubt

Thanks

Saiyog

Edited by: Saiyog Gonsalves on Jun 4, 2008 12:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to archive the files in different folders.

You can change the file name using the adapter module. but, you cannot route the files dynamically to different folders using adapter modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I want to Implement an adapter module for the scenario then will the custom module be executed first or the Standard module of file adapter.

Say i write the code to rename the file inside the module then whether it will be processed after the standard module or not?

Thanks,

Zabiulla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you write any custom module it should be executed first. Make sure, your custom module is before the standard module, (ie) it should be at the top.

Thanks,

Indira D