cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message type not present in XI, for IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Requirement is such that i create an IDOC and send to XI.

Accordingly, i wrote a code for outbound IDOC to be created using the standard message type HRMD_A and its running fine with status message is 03.

But now we have an issue as the standard message type HRMD_A is not present in XI system. Thus our IDOC cant be recieved by XI.

pls clarify me in the following points.

1. Should the same msgtyp present in reciever system also?

2. Is there any option to create a message type HRMD_A in XI system?

3. Can we download the message type from somewhere and save in XI?

4. What could be the changes in using a Z msgtyp instead of HRMD_A. The Z msgtyp will be created in both the systems, SAP and XI.

If any one had encountered a similar issue, pls suggest me the alternatives.

TIA,

teja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

now is there any chance to get the msgtyp in WE81..?

if so how can i do it.

thanks,

teja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

No Way to get the Message type into XI's we81.

& also there is no need to get that also

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

very much thankful for your answers...

when i go to WE81 in Xi system, we dont have the msgtyp HRMD_A. But we are using the msgtyp HRMD_A in ABAP side.

If i follow the procedure of downloading the msgtyp as mentioned, will I be able to see the msgtyp in WE81 also? In other words, when i import the IDOC structure will I be able to see the imported msgtyp in WE81..?

thanks,

teja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

when i import the IDOC structure will I be able to see the imported msgtyp in WE81..?

NO, You cant see the Message type in We81 of XI as you are able to see in R/3

Here we are just importing the Idoc Definition( Structure) Only for Mapping, instead of Developing ther DT, MT & MI we use Idoc itself directly

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

If i follow the procedure of downloading the msgtyp as mentioned, will I be able to see the msgtyp in WE81 also? In other words, when i import the IDOC structure will I be able to see the imported msgtyp in WE81..?

You can't see the message type in WE81of XI system after importing it from your R/3 system inti XI imported archives.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Should the same msgtyp present in reciever system also?

Yeah it has to be there at the receiver end too.

2. Is there any option to create a message type HRMD_A in XI system?

You can download your IDOC(HRMD_A) into XI imported archives and that imported IDOC will act as ur message type.

3. Can we download the message type from somewhere and save in XI?

You can download the message type into imported archives.(your S.W component>imported archives->import RFC or IDOC and then give your application svr details and download

4. What could be the changes in using a Z msgtyp instead of HRMD_A. The Z msgtyp will be created in both the systems, SAP and XI.

Z msgtyp will be your customized idoc from your standard SAP IDOC.If at all you don want some segments in Standard IDOC or you want to add some more fieds to Z IDOC.

Thanks,

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Import it from R3.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are dealing with the Custom Idoc Types, then

You can Import the ZIdoc into XI, IR--then do the Design