SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you handle stext

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

As you know we have IT1000 and all the text such as organization, module, program of study and etc are saved in the IT1000 stext. in our case Korean Language is no problem becuase it is designed very well

but when i have in English most case i have length problem.

One university just abbrebiate it's length to 40 bytes but other university is almost impossible. in this case somebody can recommend to use description but it is not good solution for the on-line mass processing.

so i want to know how do you handle this issues and is there any site that extend IT1000 stext ?.

it is not recommended becuase it is standard table.

in most case, i develop a lot of Webdynpro program and description table look not good for many and fast processing.

can you share your experience about it.

in my case i developed another IT9xxx and it's length is 100 bytes for english language.

best regards,

jin dal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In what case you face problem and what is the objective behind it ?

I do agree , long text cannot be maintained . In this case

1 . Use descrpition infotype and maintain/use a subtype for the long text for the objects such as O,SC ,SM .

2. As you have mentioned , create an infotype and maintain the stext when there is necessity for solving your issue .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In what case you face problem and what is the objective behind it ?

I do agree , long text cannot be maintained . In this case

1 . Use descrpition infotype and maintain/use a subtype for the long text for the objects such as O,SC ,SM .

2. As you have mentioned , create an infotype and maintain the stext when there is necessity for solving your issue .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin dal,

If i understood correctly your problem is reading the table not writing.

I will suggest to use decription infotype 1002. for faster read/look up you can use shared memory area concept in you web dynpro programs.I am suggesting you Shared memory concept because description is almost static data.You are not going to change description frequently.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hello

This is Jin dal and can i use shared memory concept in ABAP batch program. we usually develop many program for batch report and it also have performance issues.

if possible, would you let me know how to use shared memory.

regards,

jin dal

0 Kudos

Hi Jin dal,

Yes,you can use shared memory concept in ABAP Batch Program. Shared memory concept needs good understanding of Object oriented programming.

Unfortunatly I don't have any documentation on It. Send me your e-mail address i will try to create one for you. Currently I am using it for my BSP application.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh